or Connect

Posts by GrangerFX

I really hope this rumor is true because Apple needs to fill more niches with different iPhone models. It is crazy to have just one size for all users. I would really love to see Apple go in the other direction and offer a tiny iPhone built around Siri.
A friend of mine asked how the auto-brightness feature on the iMac could work without using the camera or turning on the LED? There may be some reason (like a separate illumination sensor near the camera but not part of it) but I don't have the answer. I admit it has been bothering me a bit. It is time someone offered an attractive lens cover for the iMac but that will stop the auto-brightness working as well.
*Grumbles about GTA V not coming out for the PS4*   Rockstar, shut up and take my money!
That's my point! I pay $7 a month and watch as many movies as I want on NetFlix and other streaming video services. They compete rather well with $1 pirated movies of dubious quality. I could watch pirate movies for free yet I end up watching NetFlix because of the convenience. The movie industry has found a solution. They just need to embrace it in places like China.
$100 gets you 20 movies. Additional movies are $2 each. I conclude that China needs NetFlix (or something like it) soon. This is what everyone but the content owners have known forever. If you sell access to content at a reasonable price and make it easy to use, people will buy it. As it stands they make almost nothing in China, India and other highly populated places in the world yet those same people are willing to pay if the price is reasonable and the access is easy.
Any store should be able to take money for products from customers when their POS system goes down or the internet does not work or whatever. I run into this more and more and it seems insane to me.
I don't understand why Apple cannot upgrade its existing Apple TV with an A7 processor and third party apps while working on wearable devices? Apps for Apple TV are long overdue. Apple now has the SDK and specs for iOS game controllers so all the pieces are now in place for a fantastic TV experience with iOS.
The best use for curved glass with a flexible LCD display is to simply have the display curve over the edges of the phone. This would make the screen more than edge to edge. It would have the same effect as an infinite pool. It would be visually stunning. It would require some minor changes to the UI design of all apps since there would need to be a touch safe region of the screen (on the top surface slightly inset from the edges) since you don't want touchable buttons...
Robots. In American factories. Apple should design them. Apple should program them. When they work really well, Apple can sell them to us as another amazing product. Robots keep secrets. Robots don't go on strike. No one cares if a robot is damaged in an industrial accident. The Mac Pro factory in Texas was the prototype but hopefully soon every Apple product will be made by automated factories.
These take some time to turn on which is really dumb. I think their CPU has to boot up before turning on the light. When they do come on, they are great but expect a second or two of darkness when you flip the switch.