or Connect

Posts by Stoobs

The Chinese voiceover is really bugging me..   The video constantly craps out too :(
 Wow, who pissed in your coffee this morning? Yes, it is a Xeon board, no, it isn't TB2 (as you pointed out, nothing is), and yes, it will support the configuration. I don't believe you speak for anyone else other than yourself, so I'm not sure how you can apportion values to everyone else's time.. I was actually supporting the idea that you can't build anything to that spec for the price if you've bothered to actually read what I posted rather than frothing at the...
Just for fun, I tried to put something close to the base spec together from a single supplier, couldn't get it exact, but I think it'd be equivalent:     SilverStone TJ03S Silver Aluminium Mid Tower Case w/o PSU £142.84 inc VAT 300GB OCZ Technology Z-Drive R4 CM84, Half Height PCIe SSD, PCIe 2.0 (x8), SandForce 2281, MLC-Flash, Read/Write 2GB/s £1786.96 inc VAT Asus Z9PE-D8 WS, Intel C602, S 2011 x2, DDR3, SATA III - 6Gb/s, SATA RAID, PCIe 3.0 (x16), EEB Workstation...
*grabby hands*   That pricing is nowhere near as bad as I was expecting, I just want to see the configuration options now :)
 Ask Michael Dell
Perhaps that's a good solution if the teepees in the senate continue to hold the government to ransom long enough for the government to default on some of it's loans - Borrow it from Apple at a decent rate until the the nut-jobs in senate get sectioned..
 No, that'll still be a breach of copyright, intellectual property and possibly trademark laws, so you will rightfully be sued. What you could do is reverse engineer the application, and write your own version, or just produce an app which does something very similar, as long as you don't simply steal the other guy's code.
I think it has potential, at this early beta stage its hard to really come out with any decent judgement as there will be a lot more polish over the next few months.   One thing I hope they come up with is a few more options for widget themes, the light scheme doesn't look as nice on the black iPhone 5 as it did on the white in the keynote, or at a a minimum the opacity could do with coming down a bit more when you have a dark backdrop.   I like a lot of it, I'm...
I really want to judge it for myself, but I'm still waiting for the developer center to load...   *twiddles thumbs*
I'll just leave this here until the dust settles...     Let me know when the trollage has abated..