or Connect

Posts by rkswb

First!!! (to preorder)
Incorrect. Anodizing chemically changes the outer surface of the aluminum to increase surface hardness (and color can be added). Coatings are much different... and are much prone to all sorts of flaking over time. So in theory, no, the fact that it is "colorless" doesn't decrease risk in flaking. Source: I'm a mechanical engineer.
No, they don't both best the 2009 MacBook Air. 3 hours 4 minutes (11-in model) is less than 3 hours 5 minutes (2009 MacBook Air)
No, they don't. 3 hours 4 minutes (11-in model) is less than 3 hours 5 minutes (2009 MacBook Air)
What you write is true. To add onto it, I currently believe that this mentality alright considering Apple's goals, though. Apple doesn't want the most high powered device; it wants a device that can do a lot. As underpowered as their selection may seem compared to current offerings, their current component upgrade track makes more sense considering their goals. Despite better, more powerful components available, i7 PC's provide little added benefit to the average...
I assume they will have some kind of boost though, even if it's not i7. Maybe they'll keep the core 2 duos in order to preserve use of Nvidia GPU's, though. This would make sense because most people who use an iMac rely more on a solid video card rather than a quad-core processor....
I am an engineer. And I agree with your response, which goes against the general consensus by saying that there WILL be a performance boost despite using a thinner body.
There's no way this isn't a performance boost. The face that it'll be thinner means nothing because of the following logic: 1) The iMac wouldn't undergo an exterior makeover and then revert or get much fatter within a few months whenever the next revision comes out (average time to revise = 220 days via macrumors). 2) Therefore, the new shell of the iMac will stick around for a while. This is a given. 3) The iMac MUST upgrade its components significantly before...
I know there's discussion / news about new features of the next iMac to come out, but is there any kind of information indicating WHEN it will be released? If you have a time period based on speculation(i.e. oct/nov of this year), please state what makes you think so. If you have any kind of legit resource stating a time period or a date, please cite that with a link. I don't mean to seem overly particular but I feel it helps in forums to state sources to avoid...