or Connect

Posts by strobe

So you're full of shit. Got it. Just because Best Buy sells a $30 printer cable doesn't mean there are $1 thunderbolt cables just over the horizon.So you'll be able to use thunderbolt devices with Sony's product? OOPS! I GUESS NOT!That anyone drawing a comparison to USB's first rollout is full of shit. Thunderbolt, outside of Apple, isn't employed anywhere. You can't even add thunderbolt ports to existing equipment like you can, say, expresscard, unless you got a video...
Uh, why would you have to use Flash or HTML5? Click on an object for a video? We've had the embed tag since 1995. BTW HTML5 isn't necessary for click2flash ability. QuickTime would also have worked, using embed tags instead of movie tags. The reason YouTube used flash to begin with was because everybody had it, so nobody had to install another plug-in. They could have used QuickTime, but then how do you embed ads if it's just a video stream? Yea, didn't pass the laugh...
So, how do I block this shit? Let's be frank here, folks. I kinda like the status quo. I can access nearly all the content I want and avoid what I don't by using Click2Flash and AdBlock. The ONLY 'practical' use I've seen for HTML5 has been ads and ultra-annoying ways of presenting video. We've also seen a bunch of battery-draining demos like pointless embedded 3D graphics. The kool factor is so high here I'm choking. Someone convince me this html5 stuff is going to...
Funny how that 'fact' gets bandied about without a SOURCE. Source? Citation? Bueller? I call bullshit. As for Thunderbolt being adopted....my whom prey tell? Hrmmm? Oh, by the way, USB 3 cables? Cheap and widely available before Thunderbolt existed.
Does it come with a truncate to make the payment of an arm and leg easier? I'd like to believe in a future of affordable Thunderbolt devices like a PCIe16x bridge, but considering the cost of the CABLE alone is $50 and the cost of PCIe expansion boxes currently cost in excess of $700 not including the video card, and adding to this that not a single PC uses thunderbolt which severely limits the market (MORE so than firewire 800)... Yea, well I won't be holding my breath....
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16827151231 Can everyone shut the hell up now?
How large is the recovery partition? It should be a simple matter of cloning this to a USB stick to making an external one.
I'll reserve my kudos for when they revise their iOS developer tax.
Really?! I guess if you don't include the CPU, GPU, hard drive (with extra slot?), oh and a little thing called THUNDERBOLT while keeping hdmi meaning you can run two or more displays. But sure, less hardware
Oh, for those bemoaning the loss if their optical drive... 1) Of course you can install windows without an optical drive. You have been able to do this officially before you could do it officially with Mac OS X. Ever heard of a netbook? 2) You don't need Apple's super expensive hardware to have an external DVD drive. Buy any cheap wintel drive, of which there are zillions due to the popularity of netbooks. 3) Asking Apple to provide bulky, expensive to engineer around,...