or Connect

Posts by strobe

DP is royalty-free. DP supports USB and ethernet. DP is a VESA standard to replace VGA and DVI. HDMI is more common because it was first to market. HDMI was designed to replace s-video and component video. The main problem with HDMI is incompatibility between versions. DP has always just worked™ with previous digital equipment. The HDMI standard also fails to explain what are the maximum cable lengths at what resolutions, which DP does. Not a problem for most, but it...
And lawyers wonder why everybody hates them
Facetime hardly ever works with NAT routers while Skype usually does (like multiple clients behind one NAT). Does anyone actually use Facetime? I've RARELY ever gotten the damned thing to work.
Oh, I understand it, but an IQ of 100 is only for the current medium of dumbasses. It's not impressive, at least not to me.
Sad, but true. Illustrator used to be my THIRD choice for illustration, but they bought my second choice (Freehand) and my first choice, Canvas, is now a windows-only app (grr...) BTW, what has Adobe done to Photoshop since version 7 (last Classic version)? I don't see much improvement in CS5 except for the refine selection tool, which still isn't as good as Mask Pro for some things. I'm surprised nobody has tried to take on Photoshop. That's the problem when you have...
He's probably too busy writing riddles for Batman. The sad thing is due to the dumbing down of this country, an IQ of 150 is what used to be pretty average. I certainly wouldn't brag about it any more than a SAT score of 1300
Nope. According to the web page you linked (did you read it?) they said it is impossibleApple didn't merely change the architecture, but dropped API support so plug-ins will have to be rewritten. Without a production-capable platform to write plug-ins for, who would bother?Again, according to the web page you linked (did you really read it?) they said it will be a feature in the NEXT MAJOR RELEASE. Of course, if FCP7 is dead for however many years THAT takes I highly doubt...
Well, la-de-da! I don't fucking care about Apple and never have! This isn't about the cult of Apple Inc. This is about people trying to use their computers to DO THEIR WORK! Apple used to be about THAT. Go back to Bloomberg or some bubble-watching shithole pyramid scheme inventment forum.
Apple has damaged their reputation to the point of burning down bridges. This isn't just about FCPX, this is about Xserve and enterprise. Steve's management style of ignoring the present for the sake of the future may work for some things, but if you want to convince businesses that you're a reliable PARTNER you need to keep selling a product so long there is demand for it. This is why Microsoft is kicking Apple's ass in enterprise. They don't try to sell you a tractor...