or Connect

Posts by rhyde

Just because some people are clueless when it comes to using exceptions is not a good reason to remove them from the language. Trust me, the people who made those hideous "exception designs" will find something else to make hideous when they no longer have exceptions available to them.
Wow, this is a big matter of opinion.Personally, I don't think that Swift is anywhere near ready for prime time but (lack of) readability is nowhere near on my list of complaints. Swift is far more readable to me than is Obj-C. I *really* like the direction Swift took from Obj-C (well, except for exceptions and the craziness associated with characters and strings). 
Okay, Apple has a poor subsystem for handling exceptions. Maybe they should work on fixing that... What about those exceptions that are recoverable? I love the "exceptions should never be used as a control structure" argument. First of all, if exceptions are being used as control structures, maybe the language's designers should have created a workable control structure in its place.  Let me give you one example where "exceptions as control structures" works really well --...
 So removing exception processing makes it easier to handle the exception in a  reasonable way?  Yes, doing exception handling properly in a language is very difficult. Apple's engineers punted on this. That is the crux of it.
I am an employer in California. California *does* have some ridiculous labor laws. That said, it is the employer's responsibility to follow them. This includes *training* your low-level managers to follow the laws. 90% if the time when there is a labor law violation (and I'm sure that's the situation in this case) there is a disconnect between upper management (in particular, corporate lawyers) and the low-level managers who force people to work through their breaks...
If Apple offered the performance features of a 6/6 in a 5s form factor, I'd move back to the smaller size. For me (even with big hands) the iP6 is a big too big; especially once you add an Otterbox or similar protective case.
What we need is a Mac Mini based on a high-performance chip, not a low-power chip.
Yeah, because the eMate did so well.
"lack of the dual-LED True Tone flash setup found in the iPhone 5s" Though I suspect this is a fake image, the lack of two distinct LEDs is not a tell-tale sign. LED manufacturers are incorporating multiple-colored LEDs in an individual package (e.g., for LED stage lights) and this is exactly the kind of technology I would expect Apple to use to reduce the size of the LED (to make room for something else).
$150? Could someone please tell me what this keyboard does that a $39 bluetooth keyboard does not? Or even the Apple wireless keyboard? Is it really worth $100 extra?