or Connect

Posts by noexpectations

As a Stockholder, I am happy. As a customer, I feel ripped off. In the end, it is all about perceived value. We bought these Apple Products because we thought it was a good deal.
You can thank all of the video apps for this (Skype, Facetime, Netflix, Hulu, etc). There simply isn't enough capacity for 300 million Americans to stream video. So, the carriers are forced to ration it.
Ahh...good to know....thanks!
I'm glad that Apple is no longer giving away a free iPod....jeez....how many do we need? On the other hand, $100 is not a very good promotion when your competition is giving away XBOXes. For most people, the first $30 will go right back to Apple for OS X Lion. Why not a free Apple TV? I bet a lot of dorm rooms could use one of those.
As a Network Engineer for over 15 years, these are standard views and reports from a major Wifi Vendor (not Apple). Apple did not create this. They are simply just another WiFi Vendor customer (like many thousands of other corporate customers).
iMessage is only useful if every single person in the world has an iOS Device. SMS/MMS are global standards that exist on every text device regardless of maker. iMessage is proprietary. It will have limited appeal but for me, most of my contacts do not have iOS devices (yet) and some will never have one (love Androids).
iMessage will only work if you are trying to text to another iOS device. What if the other device does not have iOS (most do not have iOS)? What if you don't know if the other side has iOS? Wireless Carriers offer a ubiquitous texting service...which is easy to use, always on, and works with any texting device. Apple is trying to lock in people to their architecture.....just like Google is. This is starting to get dangerous.
Who are these worthless analysts? I could've predicted that this change would either 1) increase sales or 2) decrease costs. Duh...why else would Apple do this?
So, the next Verizon iPhone still won't be able to multitask (voice/data). Not a very "smart" smartphone.
How long before we see that "blue screen of death" on our Skype App?