or Connect

Posts by noexpectations

The ITU announced in December 2010 that WiMax, LTE, and HSPA+ are 4G technologies. http://www.phonearena.com/news/ITU-s...lly-4G_id15435
Does anyone know if Siri will work on an iPhone 4?
Yes, and by far. AT&T iPhone 4=7.2mbs AT&T iPhone 4s=14.4mbs Verizon (or Sprint) iPhone 4=3mbs (and lacks data/voice multitasking) Verizon (or Sprint) iPhone 4s=3mbs (and still lacks data/voice multitasking) Of course these are theoretical speeds.
30 million iPhones is really only 15 million customers. Every Sprint user will need to buy 2, one for voice, one for data, since CDMA can't do both at the same time.
So, will Apple market 2 different iPhones? 3G-CDMA: Sprint, Verizon, 3 mbs 4G-HSPA+: AT&T, 21 mbs Hard to justify a switch to Sprint even if they offer unlimited....slower and no data/voice multitasking.
I hope it's a brand new model (larger screen). Otherwise this "Let's talk iPhone" will be a very short conversation.
(think Soup Nazi from Seinfeld) "No iPhone 5 for you!"
Yes, it's the iToaster. White model is delayed (manufacturing problem I think). White, $.69 Wheat, $.99 Whole Grain, $1.29
So, let me add a few other notable differences. The new iPhone 4s (or 5) will most likely support HSPA+ (AT&T) and CDMA (Verizon, Sprint). The speed differences are now even more apparent (14-21 mbs for HSPA+ and 3 mbs for CDMA). Also, CDMA still does not support true data/voice multitasking (you would need 2 iPhones to do that!) Next year, when/if Apple decides to support LTE, that will leave Sprint out of the running....they do not support it. They are stuck with...
Hmmm...small venue = small announcement. We will probably only see an iPhone 4S this year.