or Connect

Posts by jellyree

I installed SL OS X 10.6.1 and re-configured my network to "Using DHCP", removing all the hard-coded numeric IP addresses.... lo and behold.... IT WORKS!! Now Safari, Mail, Firefox & Thunderbird no longer loses connection!!! YEAH!
================================================== ==========To Append PDF files Using Preview:Drag the PDF file that you wish to append into the sidebar and continue to hold down the mouse button, until you see an orange line highlighted in the sidebar. Continue to keep the mouse button depressed while positioning the file to be appended ABOVE the orange (or blue) line, then release the mouse button; this will cause the file to be appended.The operative procedure is that...
I didn't want to "wipe" out the SL upgrade and rather opted for a less invasive circumvention to the ethernet problem by changing System Preferences/Network/Configure IPv4 to "Manually" from the drop-down menu instead of "Using DHCP". With the "Manually" option, I hard-coded the numeric IP addresses in all of the following fields: IP Address, Router, DNS Server and clicked on the apply button. Before this change, I would lose connectivity in Safari, Firefox, Thunderbird...
Drag the PDF file that you wish to append into the sidebar and continue to hold down the mouse button, until you see an orange line highlighted in the sidebar. Continue to keep the mouse button depressed while positioning the file to be appended ABOVE the orange line, then release the mouse button; this will cause the file to be appended. However, if you drag/drop the file BELOW the orange line, it will be treated as a SEPARATE document in the sidebar, similar to a TAB...
================================================== ====== I am not having a problem with this but I think it might be a procedural problem: Drag the PDF file that you wish to append into the sidebar and continue to hold down the mouse button, until you see an orange line highlighted in the sidebar. Continue to keep the mouse button depressed while positioning the file to be appended ABOVE the orange line, then release the mouse button; this will cause the file to be...
I just installed Snow Leopard on my iMac and have experienced an ethernet problem with Safari, Firefox, Mail and Thunderbird; these applications work for about 1 hr. and then the applications will lose the ethernet connection even though System Preferences/Network shows that ethernet is connected. However, Skype works (no connection loss) while the aforementioned applications have lost their connections. This problem keeps recurring intermittently (approx every 1hr. As...