or Connect

Posts by Santoanderson

So is that going to be the big announcement tomorrow? This year's phone is basically last year's phone but all the carriers will have it? If that's the case, okay, it's better than nothing. I just hope when all these carriers get the iPhone, competition will set in and monthly rates can go down. I love my iPhone, I just don't always like paying a minimum of $85/month to have it. If there is no iPhone 5 tomorrow, and just a 4s, the one big thing they can do to save...
My predictions for Tuesday: PESSIMISTIC PREDICTION: Apple will unveil one new phone: the 4s. It will be made using cheaper components, and will save Apple a boatload of money. It will carry the same pricing as the iPhone 4. No mention of the iPhone 5 until October 2012. OPTIMISTIC PREDICTION: Apple will come out with the 4s, however each model will be $100 cheaper than last year's version. The iPhone 4 will become the entry level, $49 unit. Maybe a hint or two at the...
And as a response to those claimants who say that the form-factor is irrelevant, I ask you to look at Apple's track records on iPods. Every year they take the Nano and completely redesign the thing; they make it skinny, and then they squash it down, and then make it the size of a stick of gum, and now it's a postage stamp. Apple loves to redesign their hardware.
Tim Cook: "And now for the big unveil.... last spring's phone." Seriously, this is the first product unveil post-Steve Jobs. They really need to unveil something that'll blow people's socks off; and slightly tweaking an almost-two year old model isn't going to cut it. The best I can hope for is that the 4S ends up being dirt-cheap, because I'm not paying $400 for last year's phone + a 2-year contract.
I think veracity goes out the window when the issue is making headline news. Had CNN run hypothetical (false) rumors about the iPhone 4 exploding in user's faces, people would still regard the iPhone4 as "the one that blows up in your face." It was less of a tech support problem and more of a PR nightmare. So while Antenna-Gate can be argued as being non-existent, people still refer to the iPhone as "the phone that doesn't make calls unless you hold it this exact,...
From a technological standpoint the iPhone 4 is quite sophisticated, but boy-oh-boy does the thing have a lot of legal baggage associated with it: first Brian Lam and then Antenna-gate. If I was Apple I would do everything in my power to make a phone that bears little resemblance to the 4. IOS5 shouldn't, and won't be the star on October 4th. IOS5 got it's sole time to shine back in June at the WWDC. It's October; it's time to buy Christmas gifts; Apple's going to be...
Apple is still in the business of selling handsets. You can argue all you want that the October 4th event is all about IOS5 and that hardware sales are moot, but they will be launching a new handset that day. You don't move your hardware launch to the middle of the holiday shopping season unless you plan on selling phones. This is the most hyped device of the year. If the physical phone is an apparent duplicate of the model first seen almost 2 years ago, people aren't...
You can lump me in with that group. Apple's had an extra six months on this model. A slight bump under the hood of last year's model isn't enough to warrant a purchase IMHO.
Yeah, but Otterbox isn't some small freshman company desperate for attention. They've been making really great cases for a while, and are quite well known. If this ends up being a fake case, I only see their credibility being tainted because of it.I'll be honest. Over the past 18 months I've seen a lot of really sweet looking Android phones, and have even considered taking the leap. Sure the interface and App library sucks, but I can get an Android plan for $30 cheaper per...
Cut to October 4thSeriously Apple, if the big (delayed) announcement is a slight upgrade to last year's model, people are gonna be pissed.... but they'll still line up to buy it anyway. Damn you Apple.