or Connect

Posts by Santoanderson

Ughhh, I've been holding out for the iPhone 5 and I fear that my 3GS isn't going to cut it for another year. I just want October 4th to come and go so we can put these conflicting rumors/reports to bed.
There's a helluva lot of hype growing for the iPhone 5, not the 4s. There was a giant article on the Yahoo homepage last week about it. I think it would be a really sour way to start off Tim Cook's stewardship @ Apple by making people wait 18 months for the new model, only to unveil an iPhone 4 with a plastic back and a slightly faster processor. My hope is that there will be two models. A brand-spanking new iPhone 5 that can compete (within reason) with all the beefy...
Bummer. I really hope this doesn't come across as crass, but I don't want to see a Steve Jobs obit for a long time.
I will agree with you on that point. I do think it's over-reaching on Apple's part to try and patent the extruded rectangle. However they really do have a case against Samsung when it comes to the details. Conceptually there are thousands of different ways to create a tablet computer; there are thousands of combinations of shapes, UI's, colors, input methods, etc available to create a truly unique product. They could probably create a really nifty circular tablet with a...
I'm truly shocked at the number of "Yeah, good point Samsung!" posts I'm reading on other sites. How can a non-functioning special effect from a forty year old movie be patented? When a Boeing or Sikorsky suddenly invents a hovering car, will they have to call Robert Zemekis for his approval? I think if anything Samsung's 2001 defense hurts them. The movie came out 43 years ago. Samsung took 43 years to produce a tablet similar to those seen in 2001, and that was 6...
It's good to hear that we'll be getting a simultaneous launch. I just hope we won't have to wait a year for the white iPhone 5. PS, is it me or does Shammo have eyes like an Anime character?
This article totally reminds me of those subtitled Downfall Youtube videos.
Huh? The Bank of America quote was in response to an earlier poster who claimed that you can't trademark generic names. Bank of America is one of the more generic names out there.Microsoft is trying to nullify Apple's trademark, and they want 'App Store' to be able to be used by anyone.You have two of the biggest companies in the world sicking one another's lawyers on each other. How could it not be about money?The point of my argument wasn't to question the trademark...
That's something else. Let's say, hypothetically, that I have a burger restaurant named "Burgers". At Burgers I make my hamburgers in a very unique and profitable way that no other burger restaurant has caught on to. As a result I've made a ton of money, and I want to keep making that money, so I apply for a trademark for burgers (remember this is a fantasy) but I'm contested by dozens of other burger places who all want to use Burgers for the name of their store, too. If...
"Bank of America" - A very generic name, held under trademark. Seriously, why can't Microsoft name their store something similar but different? App Shop? App Mart? App Market? This whole thing feels like Microsoft realized that Apple is making a killing with "App Store" both in monetary revenue and name recognition and thought "Hey, we ought to ride those coat tails!" Apple may not have been the first company to use the "App Store" name, but they are the first to make...