or Connect

Posts by The Friendly Grizzly

I agree. I don't use even the minimum space, but it has proved useful to me, so I'd like to keep it.
One of my beefs with Numbers on the iPad: normally if you put a formula in a cell, you can over-type it if you wish. I have a need for this where I have cells that accept an existing number (in this case, I am counting and identifying light fixtures for retrofit or replacement). I tried to have it where the "proposed" quantity wold pick up the existing, but that I could overtype the formula (=cell-with-existing-qty). Nope. Can't do it. You can in Excel, and you can...
Regarding Dilger: Mac needs its version of John Dvorak I guess. On second thought, no, it doesn't!
I apologize for not responding to your jailbreak question: I thought about getting someone to unlock it so it would work on t-Mo. But I also had someone at work willing to buy it, so I said what the heck and bought a new phone.One last thing: note I said I bought the phone. t-Mobile has two ways of getting service: the usual two year contract with a subsidy on the handset, or buy a phone, then they set you up month to month right out the gate. I did the latter, and they...
Verizon would have been the best choice for range, yes. But their plans are overpriced, their customer service is dismal, and they play too many games. t-Mobile, on the surface, does indeed have a smaller coverage area. But, they also have enough sharing agreements with other GSM companies that, when out of range of a t-Mo tower, I still get coverage just about everywhere I want it. Often the annunciator will show the same of some oddball phone company (Mamma Margolis'...
[QUOTE=AppleInsider;1667741]"There's no reason, at least yet, to forgo buying an iPhone 4 over its reception concerns," writes Consumer Reports I have a reason for forgoing the purchase of an iPhone 4. Service. In my experience, AT&T offers service that is inferior to its competitors. I have had too many instances of "No Service" where Verizon is full bars, t-Mobile is marginal to full; same with Sprint . Yes, it matters where you live and travel. In my...
Perhaps not. But when I had T-Mobile, I had SERVICE. My phone worked. That is what counts to ME; I do not care about "companies looking to do business with wireless companies here in the States". If I were in an area with no T-Mobile tower, my nothing-burger little Motorola Razr just latched onto some other company and my calling went without event, muss, fuss, or bother. I used to see some of the darnedest names come up on the indicator. Judd's Bait Shop and Cell...
One of my biggest beefs, aside from the recent steep increase in dropped calls, is ghost calls. I have two variations. 1 I get to the office on Monday, and have a fellow worker ask me why I called them on the weekend and then hung up without saying anything. (One was on Sprint, one on Net10, and one on AT&T; all are in my contact list). 2 I place a call, talk for a while, hang up. I then place a call to another number. It goes through, but the phone...
Gee. It may be introduced only 6 weeks before my ball and chain with AT&T gets removed. I sincerely hope folks buying the new phones enjoy them. I mean that. My 3G has been an interesting device that has offered a lot of pleasure. Too bad it is not available with service to match.
Back when AT&T was actually American Telephone and Telegraph they invented and innovated like crazy. The Bell Laboratories were truly remarkable in what they accomplished. But that company is long, long gone, and AT&T is now just a brand name. Another example is RCA: just a brand, Radio Corporation of America is long gone. The new AT&T innovates... ad slogans.