or Connect

Posts by The Friendly Grizzly

Since the dropped-calls brag came out, I now GET dropped calls and didn't before. As for U-Verse: been there, done that, fought the billing foulups. Just like I did when all they offered was dish-phone-DSL. AT&T can mess up billing FAR "better" than Verizon landline can.
I have 550 minutes a month with an iPhone and shared minutes on a little Nokia folder for my mother. I pay under a hundred, but get about 10% through being a Costco member. So yes, you are getting pounded. I was told by AT&T that I "had" to have 1,200 minutes a month to have a setup like I have, but I got a salesman willing to work with me at an AT&T store.
My contract is up in July, and I'm done, finished, and through with my iPhone. If they go to Verizon I am still done, because I refuse to deal with an outfit that nickels you for this, dimes and dollars you for that, and can never send a consistent bill. With AT&T I get about 30% dropped calls. About one call in five I try to initiate gives me dead air. No ring sound, no clicks, no anything. Other times I make a call and the damned thing (or network) places the call I...
I was recently in Warner Robins Georgia. While it is not exactly huge, it is bigger than you may imagine, and has a large military base. The intern I had along uses Verizon and there was not a single place in town, or on base, where he did not have either full reception, or one bar under full. Everything worked fine. My iPhone? I had to walk around like a water diviner looking for reception. In one on-base café, my phone went from full bars-3G to nothing, back to one...
It has nothing to do with what the employer requires. It has to do with "fellow" employees being vandals.
I use the old-phone ringtone as well. Someone commented about it, in a good-natured way. Later on, I placed a call using the rotary-dial app; I had the sound turned way up so they could hear me dialing. I thought my boss was gonna have a heart attack he was laughing so hard!
It reads to me like a stated policy, not like they are addressing an issue.
It is sad to say, but folks who write ad copy need to write it to be understood by as much of the populace as they can. For this reason, they write in short sentences, or in fragments. This in turn is because the nation is not as literate as it was in the past. Bear with me here. I'm serious. Get on-line and look up old magazine ads. Go back to the 1930s and 1940s. Even products as common as baking flour or or tires had sentences that were more than a few words long,...
I'm not sure what Balmer has to do with the decline, at least in a direct sense. He's an ill-tempered, strange man, but that is beside the point I think. The reason the share is declining is because Microsoft is just plain not offering anything really new or better. I have a Win7 machine where I work. I find the interface more annoying than ever, with all manner of new "features" I just plain do not like. It also tends to lock up FAR more often than the XP machine I...
I have one of the first Mac Minis, with the G4 processor. It was bought so I could see what all the excitement was about, and I decided to make the transition (except for one last PC I use for stuff I can't do on my Macs). It is coming up fast on 5 years old, almost-daily usage, and all I did was put a bigger hard disc in it. It now is "retired", serving as a music player; one big iPod if you will. Just about every CD I own is in it, and soon will have my little bit of...