or Connect

Posts by The Friendly Grizzly

Slightly off-topic, but... is there not one person under the age of 30 capable of applause that does not include "whoooooooo!!!!" noises? What's with that?!?
Gads, but I'd love to see a poster blowup of that up at the Microsoft store!
He was told to contact Dell because his Vista is the OEM version.
I agree with all that you say here. I am on my third 3G, due to one failure, and the second one failing to hold much of a charge after a whole four months of service. And, it seems every time there is a new firmware release, Safari crashes more, and battery life goes down even more. I'm paying for 3G, and finding it in darn few places. Or, it shifts from 3G to Edge like a motorist going through the gears at rush hour. AT&T's service in Nashville is anywhere from abysmal...
I've generally found the folks at the other end of the line on 611 to be helpful, polite, and knowledgeable. Professional from the word "go". They however cannot solve the problem of on-again / off-again 3G that is too slow, or the other issues I have had with the service.
It most certainly does. I can understand some variances, especially when in the countryside. But when one is in places like Los Angeles, Detroit, Chicago, St. Louis, etc, and can't get a call out because the circuits are overloaded, something is wrong. It is doubly wrong when the folks around you with their Verizon phones and their T-mo phones are doing just fine. I had this experience at LAX two months back, and the same thing at LAX 18 months back. When I am in rural...
I have the same issues in my office in Madison Tennessee (north side of Nashville), 1/2 mile off a major interstate. 3G works MAYBE 25% of the time. When it does, it has little speed advantage over Edge. That is, when Edge is available. (grr)I get no dropped calls, but there is a heck of a lot of chop and breakup. No, it's not the handset; this is my third one. It is AT&T because a cow-orker has an iPhone and it is proving less than satisfactory in the office. Another...
. But but... you don't understand. WE'RE AT&T! We still have a monopoly mentality; we don't have to care! . I have an app on my iPhone that I put there for two reasons. One was to tease my Luddite brother, and the other is to remind me of AT&T's attitude: it is the rotary dial. An outmoded idea to commemorate an outmoded company. I like my iPhone a lot, but will be able to live without it if I get a better deal elsewhere.
I have found 3.0 and 3.01 to be a hinderance. Safari crashes more than a drunken congressman, and if anything, battery life has dropped. The answer given by Apple is to just shut off location services, shut off 3G... hey gang? I bought a 3G phone to have... (students? yes, yes, you in the back?) 3G service!!! As for service: I found T-mobile far more satisfactory. If they didn't serve an area, the phone would latch on to what was available, and I never, EVER, got hit...