or Connect

Posts by Blastdoor

maybe they should fire Scott Forestal again. 
I guess that explains why I still haven't been able to download iOS 8 for my iPad. I've been trying since yesterday. Finally got it on the iPhone, though.
I think that for consumers it is going to be a learning process that takes time. But once that process is complete, I think that more people will value the greater privacy and security provided by Apple ecosystem. And by then it will be too late for google -- their reputation will be set.In a sense, Apple is making a long-term investment here. They are giving up some marketshare in the short run as they wait for consumers to go through this learning process. It is just...
It has more GPU power than I need. I really just need one GPU to drive the display. Nothing I do takes advantage of GPGPU stuff. 
I have a dream.... an iMac with that resolution, a GPU fully capable of driving it, and an 8 core i7.  The first two parts of my dream will almost certainly come true by the end of 2015 (hopefully sooner). The last part might never come true (sigh... poor me). 
 http://appleinsider.com/articles/14/05/30/longtime-apple-pr-head-katie-cotton-officially-retires Good points.... Probably more D than R, though.
 http://appleinsider.com/articles/14/05/30/longtime-apple-pr-head-katie-cotton-officially-retires
 I wonder if he'll help somehow with press relations?  edit: just thinking about this some more... I wonder if Apple has noticed the enthusiasm with which people read Anand's stories about the A-series of chips and other technical aspects of what Apple does, and wants to better foster that enthusiasm. Maybe Apple is realizing that a lot of technical details of their products (especially the A chips) are going to get out there anyway, so they might as well take control of...
I am not a fan of laptops. I can appreciate that there are people who absolutely have to use them, but I refuse to. Instead, I have a desktop at home (iMac) desktop at work (Mac Pro) and when I'm mobile I use a combination of my iPhone and iPad, and I only use them for activities that do not require a bunch of typing. I guess I'm fortunate that I can structure my work and life so that this is feasible for me. My sympathy to people who cannot. 
I'm not a teacher, but my mother and sister are, and I do research in education about the effectiveness of various interventions/programs, including technology. So.... speak for yourself.