or Connect

Posts by Blastdoor

It would be easy to dismiss that kind of statement as pandering, but I think he really means it. There are two reasons why I think that.  First, as this story shows, he actually implements changes based on these types of e-mails.  Second, the statement is actually quite logical -- it really *Is* very valuable to apple that customers take the time to send this feedback. I suspect most CEOs really do want to know what customers think of their companies (think about all the...
I agree 100%.  I would just add that they should have done this from the beginning. Yes, it's expensive to collect good data. And it's expensive because you have to actually pay human beings a decent wage to do it -- you can't just write a clever program or deploy a robot. But Apple can clearly afford it, and given the scale they're operating at and the importance of Maps to customers, it's clearly a good investment.  As time goes by, I think the evidence is building that...
I love the accessibility features of both my macs and my idevices. I think the confrontational approach taken by NFB is misguided, to say the least. But I guess that's the mindset of some advocates -- every interaction has to be a battle.
Oh believe me... he would have been punched. No doubt he would assume that because I'm borderline legally blind that I cannot see him well enough to land a punch. I would very much enjoy him experiencing the error of that assumption. 
You are practically begging the universe to leave you blind, deaf, and paralyzed.  Obviously if you take two people who are equivalent in all ways, except that one has a disability, the person lacking the disability is going to be more able to do some things than the disabled person. I suppose that is your brilliant point. Good for you Einstein -- I hope you break your arm patting yourself on the back.  Despite your ignorance, the point of the ADA is NOT to force employers...
I actually am borderline legally blind. Apple's products have made the world much more easy to access for me. it is one of many reasons why I'm a loyal Apple customer.  But I don't know the ins and outs of the law well enough to understand how NFB has a basis for a lawsuit here.  Also, on the face of it, it seems unfair to target Apple rather than other firms that have done far less than Apple for accessibility.  edit -- another thought that just occurred to me is that...
I don't know what laws are in play here. But I would think that if Apple has to do this, then every other company that sells commercial software would have to do it. And so far as I know, that's not the case.  I wonder if the NFB knows their lawsuit threat is bs, but is just trying to use public pressure on Apple. If so, I think that's a pretty bad strategy. 
What law has apple violated here? Why not sue the app maker? Why not sue google? I'm all for greater accessibility, but I don't quite understand this story...
 dude -- lighten up. No, I was not being sarcastic. But what I was saying is not equivalent to the other things you mention. Everything I said is a fact: 1. Far more women carry purses than men. That's a fact.2. Men's pants are far more likely to have a front pocket. That's a fact.3. Women tend to have difficulty finding things in their purse. That's also a fact. And it's not because they are women. I have a hard time finding things in my backpack, which is why I often put...
A few thoughts:   1. one-handed use is nice, but there are clearly tradeoffs. I can understand that some users might want to sacrifice one handed use for the benefits of a larger device. I think it's fine that those users are able to buy an iPhone that better suits their needs.    2. I also hope we get a 4" iPhone 6, and I hope it's not crippled somehow. Apple should not impose artificial tradeoffs between devices.    3. I recognize that there may legitimately be...