or Connect

Posts by Blastdoor

Yup, that's what I was thinking of. Did they ever sell anything with a base configuration more expensive than that? 
My prediction:   Apple won't be selling cars.    Apple will be selling extremely convenient (bordering on luxurious) and affordable transportation to customers participating in Apple's ecosystem. In other words -- transportation will be an iPhone accessory. Uber, only better and cheaper, and for Apple customers only.    Apple will design the electric vehicles that provide the transportation but contract out the manufacturing. The vehicles will be stylish but...
The prediction about the mix of Sport and other models is interesting. I strongly suspect he's right to assume that the gold watch represents a small fraction of sales. But the split between stainless steel and aluminum could be very interesting. My guess is that stainless steel makes up closer to 20% of sales. 
Apple isn't making an investment -- they are issuing a bond (that is, they aren't lending, they're borrowing). You don't want to borrow money in a currency that you expect to go up relative to your own currency. Instead, you want to borrow money in a currency that is expected to lose value. 
Maybe they think that they are implicitly hedging against currency risk by issuing bonds in a variety of currencies. But the swiss franc in particular seems like a risky idea. So much currency risk right now is political... I think I'd stick with $$. But hey -- I'm sure the Goldman guys are pretty smart. Maybe it will work out fine. 
The headline talks about advanced medical research, but the article actually makes it sound more like biometrics for user identification.    The most immediate utility of this would be that your Mac or iDevice unlocks when it recognizes you by sight. Add in touchID and you've got a very user-friendly two-factor identification. 
Working with the TV guys seems pointless. Maybe the better route is to upgrade the hardware and OS in the AppleTV so that it can be an app platform. Content providers who want to make apps can do so. Don't make it about some big negotiation -- just put out the platform and bring in individual content providers as they are ready to make the transition.    The AppleTV is already reasonable successful despite little marketing attention and out of date specs. Apple could...
I had a similar thought. If he says it's a self driving car, then it almost certainly isn't.  Street view makes a lot of sense, but I like to think that it's just a decoy to lead people away from the secret location where Apple is developing a stylish new hat that reads your thoughts and sends commands via bluetooth to your iPhone. 
I don't think it's necessary to look like someone in order to effectively portray them.    However...   As I and others have said, the best thing to do would be to make a sequel to the Pirates of Silicon Valley movie. Pick up where it left off and go to SJ's death. Get the same cast back. There's nothing that could beat that.