or Connect

Posts by Blastdoor

Good way to express it. 
iPads are already all over the health system. I've had more contact with the health system lately than what I would like, and I see them everywhere.  This deal adds some nice capabilities to devices that businesses are already buying. This is adding features to an existing product. It's second order. 
They have a growth opportunity. But it's not clear at all that it's a huge growth opportunity.  In the absence of this deal, Apple was probably going to cross the 200 million unit mark in annual iPhone sales next year or the year after that anyway. Increasing iPhone sales another 1% means 2 million more iPhone sales per year. I think that's the most one could hope for from this deal and it just isn't that much compared to Apple's overall size.  Don't get me wrong -- I...
 No, it really wouldn't. Mobile payments is a feature, not a product.  The needle moves on the stock price when more iPhones, iPads, Macs, or some new product (iWatch maybe) are sold. This IBM deal makes those products more appealing to business users, but many of those business users were going to buy Apple products anyway.  Say adding these new features increases iPhone sales by 1 million a year --- that's less than a 1% increase. Nice to have, but the stock isn't going...
This is in line with what I was thinking when I heard about this. I think it's a good deal for Apple, but probably a better deal for IBM, and perhaps best of all for business customers. And that's all great -- nothing wrong with it. It's just not likely to move AAPL higher in any significant way.
 It would be easy to dismiss that kind of statement as pandering, but I think he really means it. There are two reasons why I think that.  First, as this story shows, he actually implements changes based on these types of e-mails.  Second, the statement is actually quite logical -- it really *Is* very valuable to apple that customers take the time to send this feedback. I suspect most CEOs really do want to know what customers think of their companies (think about all the...
I agree 100%.  I would just add that they should have done this from the beginning. Yes, it's expensive to collect good data. And it's expensive because you have to actually pay human beings a decent wage to do it -- you can't just write a clever program or deploy a robot. But Apple can clearly afford it, and given the scale they're operating at and the importance of Maps to customers, it's clearly a good investment.  As time goes by, I think the evidence is building that...
I love the accessibility features of both my macs and my idevices. I think the confrontational approach taken by NFB is misguided, to say the least. But I guess that's the mindset of some advocates -- every interaction has to be a battle.
Oh believe me... he would have been punched. No doubt he would assume that because I'm borderline legally blind that I cannot see him well enough to land a punch. I would very much enjoy him experiencing the error of that assumption. 
You are practically begging the universe to leave you blind, deaf, and paralyzed.  Obviously if you take two people who are equivalent in all ways, except that one has a disability, the person lacking the disability is going to be more able to do some things than the disabled person. I suppose that is your brilliant point. Good for you Einstein -- I hope you break your arm patting yourself on the back.  Despite your ignorance, the point of the ADA is NOT to force employers...