or Connect

Posts by Blastdoor

I have a dream.... an iMac with that resolution, a GPU fully capable of driving it, and an 8 core i7.  The first two parts of my dream will almost certainly come true by the end of 2015 (hopefully sooner). The last part might never come true (sigh... poor me). 
 http://appleinsider.com/articles/14/05/30/longtime-apple-pr-head-katie-cotton-officially-retires Good points.... Probably more D than R, though.
 http://appleinsider.com/articles/14/05/30/longtime-apple-pr-head-katie-cotton-officially-retires
 I wonder if he'll help somehow with press relations?  edit: just thinking about this some more... I wonder if Apple has noticed the enthusiasm with which people read Anand's stories about the A-series of chips and other technical aspects of what Apple does, and wants to better foster that enthusiasm. Maybe Apple is realizing that a lot of technical details of their products (especially the A chips) are going to get out there anyway, so they might as well take control of...
I am not a fan of laptops. I can appreciate that there are people who absolutely have to use them, but I refuse to. Instead, I have a desktop at home (iMac) desktop at work (Mac Pro) and when I'm mobile I use a combination of my iPhone and iPad, and I only use them for activities that do not require a bunch of typing. I guess I'm fortunate that I can structure my work and life so that this is feasible for me. My sympathy to people who cannot. 
I'm not a teacher, but my mother and sister are, and I do research in education about the effectiveness of various interventions/programs, including technology. So.... speak for yourself. 
 So true. The only thing they've got going for them is that they can claim to be truly platform agnostic, while Apple, Microsoft, and Google will always be suspect in that regard.   Personally, though, I won't trust 1 TB of files to a company that is small enough to be bought out by Google. 
Something people should keep in mind regarding stories like this is that education is a fad-driven field where good ideas are killed through lousy implementation and lack of patience. And IT departments in school districts are typically worse than IT departments in companies (which also aren't that great).   So every time I see one of these stories I get nervous. I think the only way one of these big deployments can work is if Apple has the ability to do a lot more than...
Google's software isn't necessarily free -- you pay for it with the content of every scrap of information that passes through Google's servers. If your information has no value, then sure -- it's free.  iWorks has zero marginal cost for people who already bought Apple hardware. So it's sort of free in that sense. But the limitation is that there are a lot of people in the world who (sad for them) do not use Apple hardware. And yet I must deal with those people.  So I'm...
I took his comment to refer to the fact that Parallels global headquarters is in Seattle. Looking at his profile, he is also in Seattle.