or Connect

Posts by Blastdoor

Ditto. Even if you can somehow convince yourself that it's ok to trust the developer with *everything* you type on your phone, are you sure you trust the company that comes along and buys that developer out? One great feature of Apple products is Apple's market cap --- it's too big for Google to buy. 
This is the perfect move -- it simultaneously increases the average intelligence of NBA owners and technology company CEOs. 
Can't wait to see Windows 8 on a 1.5" touch screen. Because of course everything can be a PC running windows, right? I'm imagining a toothpick sized stylus and an origami folding keyboard.
1. 16 to 32 cores in a MacBook or iMac seems highly unlikely. Maybe it would make sense for a subset of Mac Pro users, but that's a niche within a niche.    2. Otherwise, the rumor of Apple having prototype Macs running ARM is totally believable. Even if Apple never pulls the trigger it's a good insurance policy and negotiating chip with Intel. If the Apple of the early 90s could afford to keep a port of System 7 running on Intel as an insurance policy, then the Apple of...
I would love to know whether this is a case of demand being higher than expected or if it's a case of supply being lower than expected demand. Either way, it has been a very long time since apple has had such a hard time getting supply caught up with demand. The last time I remember it being this bad was when the "low cost" Mac IIsi and LC came out, can anyone remember something more recent?
We need to figure out a way to harness Samsung's enthusiasm for copying whatever Apple does and use it for some greater good.   Maybe we could convince Samsung that Apple is building an economical fusion reactor and this would inspire Samsung to figure out how to actually do that. Or asteroid mining robots. Or an interstellar space cruiser. 
My understanding is that our brains do essentially the same thing. This is extremely cool. I hope they can implement this relatively soon. 
 Everything you say seems right to me. I think these people look at the big piles of money as trophies. It's not about using the money... it's about showing off the money.  I really wish we had a very high marginal tax rate on very high incomes. And a very big inheritance tax on very big inheritances. 
Yup, pretty much. 
Wow -- that's a big pile of money for just walking through the door. I need to find better doors.