or Connect

Posts by Blastdoor

Quite possibly... but I think it would be so much fun if Apple decided to support SilverLight, and probably a good business decision, too.
I agree that this is a big question, and it does seem inconsistent with Jobs' earlier comments. However, there are several reasons why Jobs might see this as different. First, MS has a much better track record than Adobe when it comes to developer tools, going all the way back to the Apple II. Second, MS has kept its promises to Apple in the past -- when Apple was at death's door, MS was there with a promise of continuing Office support (which they did) and $150 million....
If this is true, it's HUGE, and the implications will take a while to sort out. This would involve risk for both companies, but also opportunities. I have a hunch this is true. I've been thinking for a while that while Apple is dissing Flash, they might very well be preparing to allow Silverlight. Unlike Flash, which is just a buggy ad-delivery device, Silverlight (and MS development tools) are used by corporations for internal application development. If those...
hard to know what to make of this. i think someone would have to really know the personalities involved to understand the implications.
One thing that could potentially move the stock would be an update on iPad sales, particularly if there were clear signs that production is catching up with demand.
The iPad has so many potential markets that it can address. The possibilities are endless...
And they are doing more than any other tech company that uses these suppliers. Apple did their own investigation and published the findings -- findings that were not at all flattering. Apple is doing more than their fair share. Frankly, the Chinese government should be embarrassed that Apple feels the need to do it at all. Whose responsibility is it to protect Chinese citizens -- a foreign multinational company or the Chinese government? Can you imagine if US workers had...
Apple (and every other company) demands the same thing of Intel and every other supplier, and customers demand the same thing of every company in the world. We all want the best product we can get for the lowest price. That doesn't mean that we're all responsible for the Chinese government's unwillingness to pass and enforce labor laws.
This really represents a failure of the Chinese government to pass and enforce labor protection laws. If Intel employees were committing suicide over harsh conditions at a plant in the US, would it be Apple's responsibility to investigate and blow the whistle? Of course not -- it would be the responsibility of the state and federal governments to take action against Intel. Similarly, it really ought to be the Chinese government taking the lead here, not Apple. I mean, it's...
Then the iPhone should receive a government subsidy, because that would be a public good