or Connect

Posts by Blastdoor

iTV and ITV -- totally different. Capitalization is everything!
Great post and very good advice.
No wonder Apple-haters are so frustrated and bitter.
But do you get to se the oompa loompas?
I agree that nothing will come of the FTC involvement, because I think the FTC is fairly rational. But the EU is inclined to push things too far, particularly with non-European companies. Of course, the worst case scenario for apple is just that they have to allow things in their EU app store that they don't allow in app stores in the rest of the world.
I'm all for anti-trust enforcement, but this is silly. Apple does not have anything approaching a monopoly in the smartphone world. If you don't like the iPhone, buy a droid or a blackberry. How can anti-trust law apply when there is no trust to anti?
If I was an HP shareholder I'd be peeved at the board. They're spending $40 million to punish Hurd for a $20,000 mis-use of funds, and the "sexual harassment" claim sounds highly dubious. I have a conspiracy theory (which I don't believe, but it's fun to theorize) that Microsoft is behind this as punishment for Hurd favoring WebOS over Windows 7 in upcoming alleged products.
That kind of sounds like a form of sexual harassment...
The business adoption of the iPad really is huge and something that apple-haters simply cannot wrap their heads around. Android tablets won't be as popular with business because of security concerns and Windows tablets are... Windows tablets. The only potential competitor here is an HP/Palm tablet, but it will take a while for HP to gain credibility with that (if they ever can). Regarding halo effects -- I think there are mutually reinforcing halo effects going on at...
Or is it adamantium?