or Connect

Posts by Blastdoor

One thing that could potentially move the stock would be an update on iPad sales, particularly if there were clear signs that production is catching up with demand.
The iPad has so many potential markets that it can address. The possibilities are endless...
And they are doing more than any other tech company that uses these suppliers. Apple did their own investigation and published the findings -- findings that were not at all flattering. Apple is doing more than their fair share. Frankly, the Chinese government should be embarrassed that Apple feels the need to do it at all. Whose responsibility is it to protect Chinese citizens -- a foreign multinational company or the Chinese government? Can you imagine if US workers had...
Apple (and every other company) demands the same thing of Intel and every other supplier, and customers demand the same thing of every company in the world. We all want the best product we can get for the lowest price. That doesn't mean that we're all responsible for the Chinese government's unwillingness to pass and enforce labor laws.
This really represents a failure of the Chinese government to pass and enforce labor protection laws. If Intel employees were committing suicide over harsh conditions at a plant in the US, would it be Apple's responsibility to investigate and blow the whistle? Of course not -- it would be the responsibility of the state and federal governments to take action against Intel. Similarly, it really ought to be the Chinese government taking the lead here, not Apple. I mean, it's...
Then the iPhone should receive a government subsidy, because that would be a public good
I'm curious to see if I actually use this feature or not. I find that after the "gee whiz" feeling wore off, I stopped using video chats on my Mac. But I could imagine that having the ability to do video chats from locations other than my office at home might make the feature more useful. We shall see...
I just went to the "why you'll love a Mac" pages and I think they are actually very good. Far more substantive than the tv ads ever could be.
I think there is room for MS and apple to work together to thwart google. Apple could make Bing the default search engine on all apple products (which isn't something to sneeze at -- it won't be long before apple is selling 100 million devices a year that would have a default search engine -- maybe 2011 or 2012) and MS could give Apple a leg up over google in Exchange and Office compatibility / interoperability. MS Office for Mac and iPad, but NOT for Chrome. Full Exchange...
Ok, so when will this happen exactly? I want to put it in my calendar so that I can plan for it. By what year can we expect there to be no mor macs?