or Connect

Posts by Blastdoor

It's still very hard for me to see how there will be any antitrust action here so long as their are competing smartphone platforms out there. If Apple has 80% of the market then this would be illegal, but they don't, so it's not.
The fact that bad apps can be made with any tool is irrelevant. The question is, when all else is equal (ability of the developer, originality of the idea, financial resources, etc), will apps made with Apple's own tools be better than apps made with cross-platform tools that do not take advantage of iPhone-specific features? And the answer depends entirely on the value of those iPhone-specific features. If Apple has a better platform, then apps that take advantage of...
I'm surprised to see Reich weigh in on this, but I'm glad that he did and I totally agree with him. I have sometimes found reich to be a little dogmatic, but I think he has generally been on target these last few years.
I bet Apple ends up quoting this guy to the FTC. He just argued that Apple is but one of many players in a competitive market, and that Adobe can do just fine without Apple. If that's true, then how is there an anti-trust concern?
Kind of odd to call Apple a "manufacturer" of cell phones. More accurate, I think, to say that Apple is a "designer and distributor" of cell phones.
My guess is that there are individuals within hp who have these things, but not senior management.
I wonder if hp will really be committed to webos. If they come out with winmo7 phones, then we will know the answer is "no". My guess is that they do come out with a windows phone.
Maybe Steve will announce that he's going to start blogging. All these e-mails that he's been sending out suggest that he's feeling more social.
I hope that's true -- it's so rare to see Jobs in anything other than completely staged and scripted events. I'm sure he'll get mostly softball questions, but it should still be interesting.
That's an awfully confident statement. How do you know that Apple didn't file a complaint? No way the police are just sitting around reading tech gossip sites looking for possible criminal violations. Somebody had to file a complaint.