or Connect

Posts by womble2k2

Windows 7 is a rounding error! Current version is 6.1 (build 7600.16385.090713-1255)
Totally agree. I know that my June 09 Macbook Pro will keep its value for many years to come, yet a Windows laptop will be almost worthless in 2 or 3 years. At the end of he day, I don't care what Balmer says. I will only buy products if they offer what I want. MS products don't, Apple's do. Until that changes, I won't be changing my purchasing decisions.
If MS think they are winning back market share from Apple, why are they opening retail outlets near Apple Stores?, why are they paying higher salaries to recruit Apple Store staff? Maybe, in a year or two, he will say sales at Apple Stores are 'rounding errors'. In reality Balmer is very worried. They are now reliant on low margin netbooks, they haven't gained a good share of the online market (still way behind Google), failed merger attempt with Yahoo leading to a...
The page has now disappeared!! http://store.apple.com/uk/product/TX529ZM/A Phil
Have you updated your iPod Touch firmware to 3.1? It requires this to work. Note, there is a bug in this area. I have posted a bug report to Apple. ----- When I go to the application sorting page on my iPod Touch sync screeen, I have come across an issue. When you double click an application on the left, it should (and does) highlight which screen and where on that screen it is currently located. If I however search for a particular application, and then double click it,...
MS would gain more in revenue by solving its piracy issues across the asian continent than winning sales from potential Apple customers. The amount of money and resources it is throwing at fighting Apple is out of line with what it could cost to gain more business elsewhere. This suggests that MS believe Apple will keep on becoming stronger and stronger, and will become a much bigger threat to it's revenues. Even if MS decided to spend all of its (and Bill Gates)...
There appears to be some Windows 7 information missing; 1. How to inform your customers about security, and that they need to slow their PC down by 10% by installing ant-virus and anti-malware software. 2. How to inform customers about what to do if the PC crashes with BSOD or similar. 3. Informing customers about the activation system, system slow downs as you load more software, etc, etc 4. explaining to customers why installing Windows 7 will occupy as much as 18...