or Connect

Posts by womble2k2

http://www.apple.com/iphone/specs.html (Apple has updated their website already)
Verizon iPhone 4 has the revised antenna design, wonder if it will migrate to be the standard iPhone design. Phil
So what about those users who have a non-intel Mac? I know the number of users is dropping, but there are still a lot of machines around which cannot upgrade to Snow Leopard or above. They won't be able to have the Mac App Store, and now losing the downloads page. I good compromised by Apple would be keep the OS X downloads page for PPC versions of software only. There would obviously be the option for Intel users to run Rosetta to run the PPC apps, but I think over...
Yes, I noticed that. You would have thought the Apple.com website would have been a good source for a picture of a current device.
Google do (or will) make revenue from each handset. Whether it is; - selling you additional services - getting you locked into the Google eco-system, where they can analyse your emails, documents, etc for key words to target advertising at you - tracking your Geographic location to enhance it's knowledge profile of you, again to improve the relevance of advertising targeted at you.No company on the planet would invest so much time, effort and resources if it didn't have a...
Clarification; iOS devices = iPhones, iPod Touches and iPads Android devices = Android phones and Android tablets So this is not just a mobile phone market share piece. However, I do believe that these numbers must be including upgrades and re-activations following device resets, otherwise you would see in the real world that there are almost as many people with Android devices as iOS devices. I live in London, and on a daily commute will spot a large proportion of...
Exactly what I was thinking when I read the story. Would Apple give a phone to test to some member of the public when they had all those issues when the iPhone 4 prototype was lost in a bar?? As for the over-exposure of the white iPhone, given that this was put together with parts purchased not through Apple, it could lead to a few problems when constructing; - I would expect a metal colar to be fitted around the flash to stop light leakage. - The software is probably...
Or run OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard?
Agree. In terms of security, the SIM card is the weakest link. It is stupidly easy to clone a SIM card. The protocols that are used on SIM cards have not kept pace with modern technology and limit not only secuirty, but functions and addressability. Additionally, this blogger talks about GSM. i.e. 2G networking. This is nothing to do with current devices. Phil
The reporter doesn't know the difference between the release of a new device, and the release of new software supporting a range of devices. Given this factual error, how many other factual errors is there!?! Embedded SIMs are the future, and carriers will be powerless to stop them from becoming reality. Really, what is the fuss about? The ability to switch a phone from one network to another. Even a network locked phone can be unlocked with ease. Providers will...