or Connect

Posts by womble2k2

"it's built on that very stable core Vista technology, which is far more stable than the current Mac platform, for instance." Yes, that very stable core, Vista. Mmm, I do believe it still crashes, is prone to malware attacks, resource hungry, .... Can he also point out what is unstable in OS X 10.6? I've yet to have a crash! Phil
Roll on the Micro and Nana Displayports!!
Can someone post the support notes of a release of OS X which did officially support Atom. As far as I am aware, no release has ever officially supported it as there are no Atom bases Apple products. I think people get confused between 'officially supporting' and 'able to run on'. The fact that previous releases of OS X have run on Atom processors is not Apple officially supporting the processor. They may have included this functionality whilst they develop their answer...
I think in the early days of iPhone, Jailbreaking was done more to get Apps on the phone as the App Store did not exist at that time, but with 100,000 Apps on the App Store, I cannot see a reason for it. It is like saying, I've bought a Mac as they don't get virus's, install Windows on the Mac but without virus software (as Mac's don't get virus's) and then complain if your windows installation becomes infected. Macs do get virus's if they are not running the OS that is...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5oGaZIKYvo "Most expensive phone" - SB is really thinking, wow, if only MS could sell premium products in high volume "I like our strategy, I like it alot" - SB is really thinking, oh dear, I'm on borrowed time. Once the shareholders see a falling market share, they'll demand I leave my post. "Doesn't appeal to business,because it doesn't have a keyboard which doesn't make it an email machine" - SB really thinking, oh, the on screen...
From: http://www.themistermen.co.uk/mr_men....html?wrong/mrMr Wrong hasn't got a clue what he is doing ever, and he never gets anything right. Everything turns out WRONG! Everything about his life is a shambles until one day Mr Wrong meets Mr Right, someone who looks exactly like Mr Wrong, but is exactly his opposite.
Goodbye Microsoft Mobile. In 2007, the year Apple entered the market, MS had 3 times the market share of Apple in Q3. By 2008 it had fallen behind and now has less than half of the market share of Apple. It had an opportunity to get back in the market with Zune HD, if it had made it's platform easy to port to mobile devices and included an App Store. It will be interesting to see how Android gets on. Phil
Fighting a well developed grey market is near impossible. Apple and the carriers would need to seriously reduce their profit targets to get a sensible price that would lure people away from the grey market, and they need to include all features. It is the same as software piracy in many Asian regions. Software is priced at levels which no person would consider buying it given the easy access to pirated copies on the grey market. At the end of the day, Apple will not...
The difference in resale values of 3 year old machines is also ridiculous. A three year old windows machine bought for $700 three years ago, is probably worth between $50 and $100 now. A three year old Mac bought for $1400 three years ago, is probably worth between $400 and $700 now.Like all premium products, Mac hold their value much better.Total cost of ownership is the purchase price plus all other expense (virus S/W, etc) minus final value divided by period of which a...
This can only be good news for the economy. Apple is investing heavily rather than just banking its income. If Apple are going to manufacture their own products again, it is because the volumes they sell now make it worthwhile. Back in the mid nineties, the volumes did not justify having in house manufacturing. I also suspect that this will be more for early development of new products, to prevent the recent leaks that have occurred. I'm sure the volume manufacturing...