or Connect

Posts by dasanman69

How long is it going to last? I have a LeCoultre from the 1950's that runs just fine.
All tech does.
On what grounds? No one forced them to agree not to ask for ID for a CC purchase. I for one always show it when asked, but I do also inform them that they're not supposed to per their agreement with the CC company.
Not boring at all. Thanks for the info. Another bit of useless info to log into my noggin that I can recant for those awkward silent moments. 🙌
Sure they do. My brother has gotten the CC company on the phone when he's been asked for his ID, and the retailer has always backed down on their request for ID.
Did you know that both Visa and MasterCard prohibit merchants from requiring customer ID as a condition for accepting their credit or debit cards? All you need is a signed card, and of course the signatures must match.
So to live there you would need to be island hermit crab? 😄
The device creates a token which it sends along with a device identifier. What happens after that isn't clear, but somewhere along the line Apple has to translate that into the CC info.
Yes it is. What I want to know is where's Old Zealand? 😄
They need to learn how to over-engineer for these situations, then they would be able to easily handle the worst case scenario.