or Connect

Posts by dasanman69

It's not a collection of points, it's one single point, and the author makes a valid argument. There isn't a shortage of posters here that claim if a manufacturer did one thing out of many that Apple does they'd have some success, and I think that is asinine. Manufacturers should ignore what Apple's doing, and come up with something on their own and make a device that will make people take notice. Consumers might not buy it in droves right away, but they didn't buy the...
What China wanted, and what Samsung was doing are one and the same. It's pure semantics. The Chinese didn't know they wanted a huge phone until Samsung made one. What would've happened if Apple hadn't made the the iPhone bigger? and why did they go bigger twice, bucking a 6 year trend? They didn't want to leave any market for Samsung. Apple attacked exactly where Samsung was making its money.
He does have a point about everyone adopting release cycles just because Apple does it. I don't remember it ever being that way. If you needed a cell phone you went out and got whatever was available. Now everyone is rushing to release a phone without it really getting everything ironed out properly. They put in screens with a higher resolution than the processor can handle. Half baked features nobody uses. They need to do their own thing, and find some people with good...
@SolipsismY, here's an interesting read. http://bgr.com/2015/07/30/iphone-vs-android-apple-strategy-analysis/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheBoyGeniusReport+%28BGR+%7C+Boy+Genius+Report%29
Apple didn't have a track record of making only one size watch and then suddenly going against past practice and releasing 2 sizes. The late CEO also didn't publicly ridicule a watch in any size claiming that nobody would buy them, and describing them as Hummers.
How's this for a vulnerability? http://arstechnica.com/security/2015/07/major-flaw-could-let-lone-wolf-hacker-bring-down-huge-swath-of-internet/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+arstechnica%2Findex+%28Ars+Technica+-+All+content%29
Now that you put it that way I'm totally convinced that Apple is doomed.
Everything in the source article is hypothetical, so potentially it's a bad legal problem, but what are the odds that it ever sees the light of day.
I stopped reading when I read this.
Roku makes a TV mount that the Apple TV can probably fit nicely in.Edit: there's one for the ATV.