or Connect

Posts by dasanman69

Very few hurricanes make it as far south as Curaçao, and the ones that do are probably not very strong.
I'm not entirely sure that there are pubs in uncharted territories.
It wasn't it was cracked up to be. Days on end riding on rickety ships, bad food, no plumbing, plus you have a hard enough time communicating with those that speak English, imagine the trouble you'd have if they didn't.
I love how colonized is substituted for conquered. I guess it's all in the POV.
That's about right, but nothing the Brits didn’t do all over the world.
Now would heaven be heaven if you stood looking like your old earthly self?
You don't celebrate "Dia de Reyes"(day of the 3 magi) in Panama?
You forgot Isaiah 53:3-7:“He was despised and rejected by men, a man of sorrows, and familiar with suffering. Like one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed him not. Surely he took up our infirmities and carried our sorrows, yet we considered him stricken by God, smitten by him, and afflicted. But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are...
You're also forgetting that Christmas used to be a 12 day affair, and still celebrated that way in Latin countries. @mstone would verify that.
How does the evolved form of 'Holy day' exclude religions?If I remember correctly, you're a Brit, and probably use the word 'holiday' for what Americans would call a vacation. So that word for you might have different meanings, and feelings.