or Connect

Posts by johndoe98

The numbers are not surprising. Since the iOS 6 betas Apple has not been enforcing the check to see if the devices are registered on developer accounts. They are taking the same approach as with OS X (ignoring unauthorized installations). As a result plenty of people are installing and experimenting with the betas so it's only natural the numbers of users far surpass the numbers of developers.
Right now I get it. There are two variables to track, not simply PPI but total number of pixels. In the past we saw total number of pixels decrease as PPI went up, and PPI decrease as total pixels went up. But the iPad Mini has to maintain the same total pixels as the iPad while increasing the PPI since it is presumably held closer, since it is smaller. So neither the iPhone screen (higher PPI), nor the iPad screen (higher total pixels) is good enough for the Mini. The...
Thanks for the reply Solip. While the many of the other points were interesting and relevant, I kept thinking of counter-examples. I think the section I highlighted from your reply is what finally convinced me. In all the other cases the PPI was changing in accordance with the screen size, so the RMBPs how lower PPIs, and the iPhone could have a higher one, but in this case, it isn't that simple. They need a higher PPI in a 7.9" screen versus the bigger iPad, but they also...
Well what is confusing to many of us is that if Apple can produce Retina screens at smaller sizes in large yields, and produce Retina screens at larger sizes in large yields, what is so dam special about the iPad's Mini size? Is there something special about a 7.9" screen? And here, if I'm not misunderstanding you, and I'm posting this only to help clarify things, the issue isn't so much making a 7.9" Retina screen as it is creating a 7.9" Retina screen that will not...
There is less room for a battery in the MBA. The MBA has a 50 watt battery and the 13" RMBP has a 74 watt battery. Now, given they have virtually the same specs other than the MBA having a slightly weaker CPU, running on 17w instead of 35w, the argument could be made there isn't enough battery to last 7+ hours on a RMBA since the screen is drawing most of the power. It wouldn't surprise me to see them dump the MBA and simply introduce an 11" RMBP (and then possibly rename...
But I'm not talking about anyone on earth. I'm talking about the owner of the Apple ID. So can you explain why there would be a problem for a single person to merge his different purchases? I mean both my Apple IDs have the exact same address and credit card information, and always have, so it is a triviality which is preventing the merger. The only reason I can envisage is that the MP/RIAA is hopping the inconvenience will lead me to re-purchase the content on my new...
I'd happily recant my complaint if it was indeed a problem with the record companies. But can you provide any evidence to corroborate your claim? So far as I can see it's a problem with Apple not wanting to merge the IDs (probably since it would involve a lot of tedious database work). As far as the record companies are concerned, if I can prove I am the one who owns the Apple ID and purchased the content, I shouldn't have an issue accessing what I am licensed to. In fact,...
It is? How do you access it? I can't find anything in the system preferences or any where else for that matter not to alert or notify me for preset time periods. Rather I'd have to turn off all my apps in notification center during that preset time, and turn every back on after, which is quite a long and annoying process. There should be a DND preference pane in the system preferences.
Or fixing the multiple ID problem. Over 10 years many of us bought content over a few different IDs and getting that content back is a PITA, especially when you get warnings like this when you try to download content from another ID: "If you download past purchases with your Apple ID, you cannot auto-download or download past purchases with a different Apple ID for 90 days." I have to wait 3 months before I can get my current Apple ID working properly with auto-downloads...
We can only hope, for there is a lot more unification that would be worthwhile to have. Personally I'd like:Unified Clock/Alarm across all OS X and iOS devices.Unified Do Not Disturb across... (plus allow me to set DND for specific events in my Calendar in addition to what they already have).Unified Book/PDF reader across... (and synced through iCloud).Unified iWork/iLife across... (i.e. include feature parity to the iOS apps so the syncing works properly).Unified Safari...