or Connect

Posts by johndoe98

Sorry but:#1: "the United States district court is a public institution, and the working of litigation must be open to public view. Pretial submissions are a part of trial" Dkt. No. 1256.#2: The court presiding in this case has told the parties involved "the whole trial is going to be open". It further added "unlike private materials unearthed during discovery judicial records are public documents almost by definition, and the public is entitled to access by default".These...
No it was the declaration signed and submitted to the court under penalty of perjury. It's linked in the OP.
I didn't say or suggest that. I said he seems to have a good argument given the evidence he presented. If you can disprove it, or show some counter-evidence, please do so and I'll consider it and potentially revise my opinion. But to simply claim the guy doesn't know some basic legal terminology is preposterous. Good to know everyone's intuitions and feelings on these matters is so much more salient than arguments based on legal precedent.
Good of you to weigh in and distort words and context again. I didn't say Samsung's rights of freedom of speech are being violated. I said if Quinn is sanctioned for his comments, that would potentially be a problem pertaining to the first amendment that protects free speech since the Ninth Circuit has held that "a statement of opinion based on fully disclosed facts can be punished only if the stated facts are themselves false and demeaning." A sanctions is by definition a...
I see. I just copied the salients parts of Quinn's declaration, but it's good to know that a legal expert being paid vast sums of money for representing one of the largest corporations in the world doesn't know, according to your extensive legal expertise, the difference between open and public. Thanks. Email Quinn, I'm sure he's dying for your input.
My hypothesis is Quinn is not an idiot.Additionally here's some facts that some of you need to address, especially those who mention the Ex Parte clauses:#1: "the United States district court is a public institution, and the working of litigation must be open to public view. Pretial submissions are a part of trial" Dkt. No. 1256.#2: The court presiding in this case has told the parties involved "the whole trial is going to be open". It further added "unlike private...
You really think Quinn doesn't have a paper trail to cover his tracks?
Nice argument.
Ok, thanks for correcting me.
TY