or Connect

Posts by ifail

Well It depends on what version of Tegra 3 is in this (i read its not the highest clocked version going in the N7). Regardless the new iPad does indeed outperform the Tegra 3 hand over fist when it comes to maximum gaming capabilities.
I bought mine immediately and i must say i'm quite impressed with the specs (only got the 8GB). It seems to me that this thing is running a full version of Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, which means this device can be used for more than media purposes, something i think Google is quite aware of as they kept pushing the whole "media aspect" so as to not piss off their tablet vendors. 199 for a full tablet is nothing to scoff at and if this ends up quite popular not only is...
  Because the vast majority of gaming revenue is coming from consoles, so they get the highest priority from the majority of developers. Very few developers really go above and beyond (if bothering at all for a PC port) for a very small segment of the gaming market, unless the game is directly made for PC gaming like MMOs or FPS per se.    I do see how some people might like the destruction of everything in something but that would be something more tailored towards a...
On paper having fully destructible environments sounds good but in reality its not practical nor is it fun depending on what type of game you're playing. Some games build their core around this concept and some great games have been made because of it.    Anyways in a shooter/fps having everything collapsing around seems cool, until you have no cover and just get repeatedly spawn killed. In games like Battlefield 3/MW3 jets and kill streaks would completely level the map...
They do have CoD4: MW. Although its a terrible terrible port. The only halfway decent games are what comes from Steam (very few) and whatever Blizzard makes, although Diablo III runs far worse on OS X than on WIndows on the same hardware unfortunately. 
This is why the Xbox is at the heap of the console market, and this is why they arent in a rush to pump out a new system.    If Apple ever wanted to be in the console market, they would have some massive work cut out for them. 
They had well over x6 models last year, and that was the biggest problem was them releasing too many models. Too many mediocre devices, with some models being exactly the same as the previous but with "Beats by Dre". So far it seems they've learned from their mistakes and cut that list of devices down tremendously. They have a low end model with the One V that can be had off contract for roughly 300 bucks. Their "midrange" in the One S is a definite performer with the...
I doubt Nokia would make more than pennies on the dollar per device if it were solely about royalties since its patents would be FRAND patents, but i dont know exactly. The biggest issue here for this whole squad going against Apple is that if Apple's design gets chosen every device they make will have to be redesigned to include a SIM tray in some form. Almost every device from Nokia/RIM/Moto has a slide in mechanism on the backside of the phone underneath the battery...
I own my gaming consoles to do just that, play games (and Blu-Ray as well). I own an iPad 2, and it isnt to watch movies or play games on, so....idk what you want me to say here? Obviously millions of other people who have consoles bought them to do the same thing on. For all the things my iPad is great at, gaming is not one of them and if you get angry and butthurt over that, well there's not much i can tell you other than get over it. What incoherent rant is this? $20 or...
PC gaming is a small minority of gaming, for the precise reason you just stated. A significant number of people dont want to constantly dump hundreds of dollars just so they can play the lastest game at a reasonably acceptable level. This is why consoles are popular and why the iPad could be popular for gaming beyond the garbage that developers put out now. The vast majority of them are just completely terrible. Remember we're talking console level now, and the best iOS...