or Connect

Posts by ifail

PC gaming is a small minority of gaming, for the precise reason you just stated. A significant number of people dont want to constantly dump hundreds of dollars just so they can play the lastest game at a reasonably acceptable level. This is why consoles are popular and why the iPad could be popular for gaming beyond the garbage that developers put out now. The vast majority of them are just completely terrible. Remember we're talking console level now, and the best iOS...
Price is going to be the biggest concern, Apple simply cant compete against a standard gaming console as it stands right now even if they added a hardware controller. The price is more than just the hardware itself (600+ minimum since iPad/Apple TV are 100% mandatory, then tack on a hardware controller). Compatibility would be the next hurdle, since launch 05-06 360/Wii/PS3 all can still play any game released today, the same cannot be said of launch or 2nd gen iOS...
Porsche does make a cheap car, they call it a Boxster or Cayenne... Anyways, Apple could capitalize on the ever growing prepaid industry here in the US and abroad that increases by the millions every quarter. If Apple had a $300 phone model that would put it on the premium end of the prepaid market, but is still relatively obtainable to the masses. Look at the lineup of Prepaid smartphones among various carriers, they are all pretty weak powered with dismal features or...
If Apple sticks to what i assume they will, they will just be introducing a better processor, which would most likely be a quad core A9, i SEVERELY doubt we'll see a Cortex A15 dual core, which would put it on the very bleeding edge. Seeing as how Apple likes to refresh GPUs every 2 years so far, i think we'll be seeing the same GPU even if it the iPad 2 gets a Retina Display, just like they reused the SGX535 for the iPhone 4 when it has a retina display.
What exactly do you want them to do? Smartphones are gaining pace EXTREMELY fast. Nintendo/Sony cannot compete on sheer scale, 90+ Million devices (were talking US only) that moves an additional 20+ million units every quarter. If iOS/Android couldn't make more revenue with nearly 20x the active install base of the 3DS and over 100k+ games, well something is definitely wrong. In all honesty i expect these numbers to widen still even though Nintendo has a great catalogue...
You are speaking on deaf ears honestly, but you are right the Wii is struggling right now and with weak Wii sales that means software sales are obviously down. Nintendo got beat down by PS3/360 which had Skyrim/MW3/Arkham City and a host of console exclusives...while Nintendo had only Skyward Sword. 3DS failed to meet expectations and saw a price cut. I expect the 3DS to be the only thing to tide Nintendo over till the Wii U, as games like Kingdom Hearts 3D, RE:...
The reason why the iPad has no chance to topple typical console gaming is because it evolves too fast. Console games like Call of Duty spend 2+ years in development, two years is a life time in mobile technology. Look at Apple, the 3GS is ancient compared to the 4s. Hell just even the iPad to the iPad, the leap in performance is that astounding. As a developer, you get stuck coding for multiple generations, and you have a platform that is, dare i say, fragmented. I'm sure...
Actually almost every app that doesnt utilize Google Mobile Services would work. So unless its running their services (or Google in app purchasing) then it would run fine. The Kindle runs Android 2.3.4 so almost everything should run on it unless it uses special API calls (doesnt support more than 2 inputs), doesnt upscale to the resolution (it should automatically), or uses Gyros, GPS, cameras, bluetooth. Things like DLNA are left up in the air but id be surprised if it...
I guess Nintendo is about as doomed as Apple is... Lets get real a minute here, 3DS sales are sucking because it was overpriced when launched and still lacks any quality games other than a Zelda Ocarina of time remake. Games like the upcoming Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart, Monster Hunter, Sonic Generations will provide a much needed content boost until Spring when games like Kingdom Hearts 3D and MGS are supposed to make their appearance. On the console front, was...
I'm actually only slightly disappointed with the new Nexus (lackluster gpu and camera) but everything else is pretty impressive. Wish they'd talked more about the under the hood improvements like graphics accelerated UI (FINALLY!) and the speedier browser