or Connect

Posts by ifail

Most physical qwerty phones dont offer autocorrect (they do, but on common misspelled words) which is good or bad depending on how you slice it. Its very easy to make a mistake on a touchscreen phone which is why good autocorrect is a must. I use my Bold, and i can feel out the keys, so i can easy type without looking at all down at the keyboard to see what im hitting but the screen instead. This isnt possible on any touchscreen, hell my girl types super fast on her iPhone...
When i can multi-task (gtfo with it can, i want every app to multitask not select few) customize my phone as i see fit, offer a qwerty keyboard model better than my Bold (Can be done, there are millions who will not switch because of this lack of true keyboard), have notifications like my BB, push email that doesnt blow, not have to be forced to use iTunes (sucks, sorry theres no way to spin this you either like it or you dont and i sure as hell dont), OTA upgrades,...
The iPhone is undoubtedly a success but even Apple realized they cant sustain this extreme growth they've had without going multi carrier AND adding something new to the mix (the 4G had better impress, i know quite a few who still rock a 2G/3G because the 3GS is the same thing, just a lil faster and a bit bigger memory. 6 people i know personally have bought an iPhone in the past 2 months, all got a 3G except 1). Their profit margin per phone is very high and that's...
i guess Apple is tired of being embarrassed by a youngster (maybe they should hire him). Everyone loves to claim that everyone is stealing apps when they jailbreak but lets be for real for a minute. Not everyone is a pirate, i personally know a few who use stolen apps but most dont. I know quite a few people who's phones are jailbroken because AT&T sucks, plain and simple, and seeing as how you have to be jailbroken to unlock the phone it is what it is. Jailbreaking...
Blame that on Mac being close minded, im sure it would have an higher OS percentage if they made the OS available to all (see Windows) but then they wouldnt be able to inflate prices for their hardware anymore...go figure. And the BEST GAMES have plenty to do with it. They move consoles simple as that. the original Xbox would have been a total flop if it were not for Halo and Halo 2...you had to buy the console or wait 2 years for it come out on PC. These games usually...
Really, what full games? Tiger Woods is honestly the only decent one thats in the App Store. The DS has content from Square Enix , games like final fantasy, kingdom hearts, dragon quest blow simple 99c games from the app store out the water. Mac users love to trumpet quality over quantity, but this doesnt apply to games on the ipod? Also Nintendos sales tanked because the Wii hype is dropping off considerably and DS sales are slouching off cause they havent had any good...
Yeah push email was their claim to fame and currently they still do it better than anyone else bar none and all the other companies have quite awhile to go before their even remotely close to being in the same room. BES became popular because of this and being secure, literally every function of the phone can be controlled by the admin and its all intergrated in one solution. Iphone deployment usually consists of multiple clients to control the phone (cisco is leading in...
Your last link doesn't work so idk what was on it but I read the other three. The iphone in enterprise lacks features that BES offers, and BES is an expensive solution but "it works". If you have a small amount of employees and security is not a main issue (the example you provided showed Kraft foods lol not to say they aren't a company but seriously they are cutting costs where they can especially during the recession ) then an iphone deployment would be ok but limiting...
I wouldn't be claiming doom and gloom for RIM they have quite a few new products coming out this quarter namely the 9700 and Curve 2, although I think they are marketing the Curve 2 wrong (as a budget entry level phone this thing should be 99 bucks, and it still sports some solid hardware). While I don't like the small form factor of the new Bold (I have the old one) its still an amazing device and will do quite well now that its not exclusive to AT&T and T-Mo lacking good...
Your right building a PC isn't impressive when all you do is slap some hardware components together and load an OS and call it a day. do you even consider future possibilities? Power use? Heat output? Noise output? Any overclocking at all? Building a PC and making one work at optimum potential and future use goes far beyond slapping some parts in a case. Oh and no I don't, I bought my girl HP desktop, only thing I did was put a fresh install of vista and OC it