or Connect

Posts by ifail

Sorry, but my vision is great. Im not the one sitting with the blinders on immune to the facts. Its ok, just say you dont like it because its a Google product. Its not going to hurt my feelings one bit, i've already dispelled the notion that H.264 is leaps and bounds better with facts and visual evidence. I've also shown where it clearly is lacking and where it needs improvement. Improvement that its getting with support from many major players in the industry. here is...
Nope, sorry i viewed not only my laptop last night, but on my Mini hooked up to my 50" 1080p Samsung in 1080i. Differences were minuscule other than the ones that i mentioned where you can you tell its inferior. Seriously, the only way you can tell is by zooming in or sticking your face 3 inches from the monitor.Also, way to completely ignore my second link. It shows even when zoomed in its still comparable.
http://www.streamingmedia.com/Articl...ook-68594.aspxhttp://www.streamingmedia.com/articl...red-67266.aspxhttp://news.softpedia.com/news/The-W...t-164124.shtmlhttp://filthypants.blogspot.com/2010...x264-high.html That last link put it as straight and non-biased as it will be. WebM is right up there with x264, i believe my exact wording in my previous post was "just as good". In some areas its bests it, and in others it loses. Why dont you read up and educate yourself...
Did I ever say anything of the sort? I am well aware that many products use patents from all over the place, there is simply no way to get around it. Now regarding Google, they just so happen to OWN THEIR OWN CODEC, something they bought and will utilize. Why the hell would a company like Google pay someone else for something they ALREADY OWN? Doesnt make any sense does it? Especially if they plan on expanding Youtube significantly like i think they will. Firefox controls...
All in violation, you should probably slip the boys at MPEG-LA a memo to enforce their patents. Bzzt. Wrong. H.264 is widely used because its the format youtube initially adopted for HTML5 and for Blu-Ray playback. The difference in quality is negligible at best, and this has been proven by people who actually know wtf they are talking about. Hardware acceleration is coming for WebM so your point is effectively moot. Apple devices will simply have to embrace it or be dead...
It is only partially free, to end users like i said. Things that encode/decode are completely screwed, and is why Mozilla still will not support it. H.264 benefits NO ONE. Sorry but its trash and the only reason people on here remotely give a damn is because its the main one Apple supports. If Google's claim that they are choosing to only support OPEN standards for videos, there is literally nothing MPEG-LA can do, other than A) make it open source or B) file patent claims...
Something new has come, and its called WebM...technically its been here awhile but whatever. I know there is a bunch of butthurt going on in this thread, and its pretty pathetic and hilarious at the same time. H.264 is not open source in the least bit, and is only freely given away to end users but Google (and Apple) are eating costs to provide it to us for free. Still, history has taught us that what might be given away for free today wont be tomorrow, have we not...
AT&T 3G speed blows VZW out the water by a mile, the only downfall is once you leave metro areas that speed is completely gone. Great coverage with mediocre 3G speeds vs Mediocre coverage with great 3G speeds. It will be interesting to see the HSPA+ vs LTE battle coming this summer, AT&Ts entire 3G network has HSPA+ already, just no devices on the market to use it other than USB modems.
Microsoft has something special with Kinect. The Avatar Kinect seems goofy but just the way MS is using the tech to do facial recognition for the masses is amazing. I havent really cared about Kinect, but im intrigued enough to buy one to try it out. The deeper MS integrates Kinect features into its core experience, the better it will be. If they can do something for the "gamer market", it could really change the face of gaming as a whole as Nintendo did with the DS and...
Most every tablet is packing the same stuff, trying to be the "iPad experience" Motorola on the other hand has just completely outdone i believe every tablet, but only if it uses their new WebTop with the dock for the Xoom like they've shown with the Atrix. The Atrix has probably been the most exciting thing to come out of CES thus far, its literally a computer when you want it to be.