or Connect

Posts by ifail

Samsung, while having control does not take battery life into main consideration. I own a Vibrant and while its a great elite device, its battery life is fairly miserable stock with less than 12 hours a day if you use it only moderately. Hell even my old Evo i used to own had better battery life. If it werent for the custom ROM/Kernel im running idk if i'd still even be using my Vibrant to be honest, its funny that my Vibrant can actually go the full day now that its not...
RIM has a distinct advantage over Samsung. Like Apple, RIM controls the hardware and software so i suspect that the device will be capable of over 6 hours of battery life unless its running at full tilt constantly. RIM has a great track record with their phone devices (granted they run the old BBOS with a lot of upper tier capabilities missing) but it is designed around their hardware. Even though QNX is new to RIM im sure they know there is a benchmark they need to reach...
No, RIM is doing well but their sales are now coming from prepaid devices in the US (Virgin Mobile 8530 is a good deal imho), outside the US its selling big in cheap market segments like India and China. In essence RIM is pulling a Nokia. Whats also funny about this is RIM is trying to cover its own stink up by saying they will no longer be announcing the Average Selling Price for their product due to "selling many products into many markets makes ASP hard to forecast",...
The manufacturers are behind because they choose to be. Google supplies the base source code, the only thing manufacturers would TECHNICALLY need to do is maybe write drivers for their hardware and utilize new OS features. Many manufacturers try to "differentiate" themselves by putting their custom software and UI skin on the OS. This is what bogs down the time it takes to go from source code to release. Modders on XDA move faster than some of these OEMs and that is pretty...
I think you are right but missing the bigger picture from Sony's perspective. Let's say this device launches does indeed take off for Sony Ericsson and they manage to sell at 2+ million a quarter, shouldn't be too hard considering it has great specs, Android Gingerbread, and Playstation all wrapped together. They'd have added 8 million new PSP gamers, not including whatever sales from the PSP-3000 and dismal PSP-Go. Thats with fairly modest sales. If Sony Ericsson goes...
Most phones like these have internal storage as well as SD card support. If SE is betting that 1GB is enough for just your phone apps (not games) then i think its a fairly safe bet to make. I doubt this is something Sony Ericsson could have made a year or two ago, as the mobile processors for phones werent great, the Snapdragon was around though, but this one is using the one with Adreno 205 apparently. All the while SE was testing the waters this time last year with the...
First off, Porsches and Kia? Really? Atleast get a decent car comparison if you're going to compare cars. Kia and Porsche dont even compete in the same segment first off. If the iPhone is a Porsche, then Android is more akin to a Nissan seeing as how they have economy cars and performance cars that go through different price ranges and offers choice (kinda like Android huh?). Funny though how a GT-R spanks every Porsche up and down the track for less money, i'm sure that...
I always love these threads. The denial is so tremendous you could power an entire continent off of it. Same responses over and over again, questioning the polls and statistics when they are the most accurate to date. We all know Android devices outsold iPhone devices, and we all know Android is not the current leader in market share in total OS, but is poised to be with the pace they are selling devices. Also, is it at all surprising men are gravitating toward Android...
I dont see how this is in any way shape or form a positive. If you add random strangers to your friends list and prefer for your own personal name to be out there for them, thats your prerogative but the option should be given to the user to disallow it.
This isnt really anything special. Microsoft is broadening the Xbox's horizon even more, beyond their Zune service and inclusion of Netflix. Microsoft is bidding for living room superiority, i'd say they are doing a great job and anything they add to the overall experience makes that 199 purchase even better.