or Connect

Posts by PhilBoogie

Thanks for replying to that old post! So it is indeed doing something in the background, and apparently not needed as you now have it blocked and GE still work I understand(?)Don't know if this 5 year old article is still relevant:Why Google’s Software Update Tool Is Evilhttp://www.wired.com/2009/02/why-googles-sof/Maybe I'll just install it on a VM. I just want to try out overlaying several gpx files and Garmin BaseCamp software is truly crap, possibly written by...
Online Word? Ok, but, still, this sort of stuff happens on other peoples posts as well. Something to do with the user prefs on this site; I use BBCode but when replying to someone who posted using the RT Editor things go peer-shaped. Anyhoo, my point still stands on needing to get rid of Huddler.As for iOS/OSX and baby-proofing, I get why they do this, but think they indeed should also understand the amount of programmers using their products, preferring Unix of anything...
Supposedly it was never their statement, but someone else wrote that. They DID however agreed to this 'mantra', while knowing exactly they do things the wrong way. WiFi password sniffing, publishing copyright protected literature and such. Now before someone makes a claim they never were indicted convicted for that, it doesn't mean they weren't doing things by the book, so to speak.I anyone feels like puking but for some reason can't the following might help:Code of...
That was a shampoo commercial lol
Geez AI, I wanted to reply to Relic here, but got this crap, as usual:Not really easy to edit out on the topics I want to respond to. You really need to get rid of Huddler. Subito!Good to see you're starting to like iOS, let's hope v8 does it for you. Except for a file manager; that I don't see them doing. Their integrated ecosystem, with all files residing in their respective apps and the way the configured iCloud...I just don't see it coming. In fact, I even presume they...
THAT has to be the most stupidly worded info on app permissions I've ever seen.To me, that's not a logical answer. Does this mean that when Dropbox sees someone created a 2nd account from the same IP address they'll delete the old one? Or deny the 2nd one? WTF? This cannot be an answer on any level of stupidity. Not you sir, the "Add or remove accounts" statement from Google.
Expect many more of these typos. Also errors in calculations. And then there are the many many, many flaws when the copy stuff over from Quiller Media, Inc (main website) to Huddler Lifestyle (forums) like repeating paragraphs, videos get chopped of and "In addition, "%u2026" instead of an apostrophe.Welcome to the forum.So many times things look funny, in hindsight.
Wow, insightful article! Thanks much.
Wasn't Coca-Cola the company that aimed their marketing at people upto 18 years old? And in doing so, once hooked, they'd have them 'for life'? Seems to me Apple is doing just that; creating an incentive for youngsters to appreciate Apple products and services so they will continue to use them once out of college.
Except for Street View, which Germany doesn't have, safe for the large cities that is:"was scrutinized for its privacy after pictures showed up of random people picking their nose, taking a dump behind a tree, or any other types of incriminating shots"http://techland.time.com/2011/04/11/alas-there-will-be-no-more-google-street-view-in-germany/