or Connect

Posts by PhilBoogie

I agree, they really ought to up the limit. Or remove it altogether. I have 68,000 songs (many live concerts) and it continues to grow as long as my favourite artist still play, year after year.Due to the song limit I would like to checkbox what ought to be on iCloud and what I want to keep locally. Creating 2 separate libs simply won't do.
Haha. I believe you are about 10 years older than me, so I guess there's something in store for me.But yes, very true on the learning curve, even if something doesn't work intuitively one can still learn the program. Use the keyboard shortcuts from day 1 and just keep at it. It's a bit like typing blindly; one needs to do it on a daily basis and you'll be proficient in no time. And if you can work with Motion, you can learn any program (I could've typed Shake! but that's...
Ha!Wow! You decided! Who's next, will it be me? Well, I think I'll hang on to my precious Aperture since a) it won't stop working b) see what Photos for OSX has to offer c) see how LR will evolve as I think some things are very clunky and d) I think LR is merely a tool that gets the job done, but not in the 'fun way I have with Aperture'. Now fun is a strange word to use here, but I simply know you get my point.Oh, before I saw your post I was looking for Aperture Vault...
Oh dear, I certainly wouldn't laugh at someone else's photos (strangely enough I think I'd be ok if someone laughed at my pictures).Thanking you kindly; something to look forward to on NY eve. And I fully understand your wish for privacy. I'm doing the same on public forums.
That's the way I saw it too, 48GB for $100I remember you getting the 16GB model when iTunes Match was introduced. But after a few negative experiences I read I never opted for iTM. Besides, my library is way larger than the 25,000 limit (outside of iTunes purchases) and since one cannot tell which songs go into iTM I simply bought the 128GB version this time. No where near full though...as I don't need all my music with me.Photos is another thing, but with 'optimise for...
'Majority' was indeed just a wild guess on my part, no idea if this is the case, but yes, when advising anyone do ask the right questions: I almost alway get a reply "never thought about that"...OT: the email notification for this post doesn't show the underlining of the word 'and'. No problem, but it refreshes my memory to not simply rely on a reply that I read in the email; I ought to click on the 'See Post' button.
Photo stream uses AWS, but I don't know on what hardware. When Steve introduced iCloud there was a discussion on the servers they used. I'll never find it...I'm chasing skating to where the puck is going to be... care to follow?[/quote]Dabbling on which line to respond with:1) Only if these girls skate faster than I do, so I'll be left behind.2) I'll just follow those who are following the puck.
So, we meet the same sort of people then. And if this is indeed the majority of users, the omission of a 32GB model should be seen as a kind gesture from Apple; anyone wanting more than 16GB now get double the amount when upgrading for $100 (64 instead of 32). I've never understood why people thought it was a lame thing for Apple to go from 16 to 64, but I presume they just worded it wrongly and mean they wanted a lineup of 32/64/128.
Yeah, the OTA free space requirement is an annoyance for sure. Which makes me wonder; do the people you talked to use iTunes on a desktop? If not, 16GB would be too little. Many people I know always get the 16GB version from their telco, while I always advise everyone to not only buy the phone straight from Apple, but also to get more storage because there will come a day during its lifetime you want to store more. Or use OTA updates...Only 69 more posts and you are...
Yes, and thanking you for responding. The storage options may look strange, stingy. But I think they just wanted to up the ASP and still offer the iPhone at the familiar base price. I agree that 16GB may seem very limited, but I'm also looking at people only using their phone for 1) calls 2) SMS 3) photo taking/viewing 4) time Yes, time; supposedly it's the most used function of smartphones.As for the amount of RAM, yes, 2GB on the next gen iPhones, even it were to take a...