or Connect

Posts by PhilBoogie

Yes, they needed all the support they could get. They also threw in a fan, as this was the only way to gain one.No wonder Bill Gates returned to MS, trying to gain 'momentum' again. Supposedly he's putting in 40% of his time. And while he's a very smart person, I don't think he's able to turn the ship around.
I guess The Verge will keep on having those posters.Samsung is probably not in trouble, due to their massive stake in the manufacturing of tech, but it does look like they're shrinking in relevance, purely in terms of consumer interest. Their phone market share will shrink with Apple's 6 Plus, their computers indeed look like also-ran and they don't seem to have any incentive products to entice consumers to buy their brand over, say, Lenovo (or whatever is in the top 5...
I agree, the WindowsPhone does look really good. Personally I don't like the cut-off of the 'rolling banner screen' if you will, but overall the software looks very well designed. Plus they have an App Store larger than many people think, with 300,000 apps as of August 2014. I really don't see the 'need' for Apple to have 1.3M
Now this has become pathetic, to the point of, I dunno, stop being annoyed I guess.
"Need to spy"? Why the negativity? I for one hope the Nixie will come to fruition:http://w.wsj.net/video/20141110/111014hubnixie/111014hubnixie_v2_ec664k.mp4
Nah, I think they're too exited that Samsung is going to take on iBeacons with their newly announced, wait for it, Proximity. https://placedge.samsung.comAs for the stock, it will fluctuate as usual, but rise all the same. Here's a toast to Apple, toasting the 'competition'.Cheers
Does this take up 500GB of space on your bootdrive as well, or is it only taking up the space you use with iCD? From the iDisk days I remember it was a sparse disk image, only taking up so much space as needed and growing in size when uploading more data to iDisk.TIA
Same here. I don't think I make any significant contribution to the forum as there are far smarter people here, with more experience. Besides, it's a forum on Apple gear and software, I think I would gain more from participating in a purely IT focused forum.Ha! Yeah, we're the happy bunch on this forum. A lot of funky jokes, coupled with excellent views and insightful posts from 'the regular bunch with fantastic first-time posters' intertwined.Please, only write and post...
With Google and Apple taking the majority of mobile payments, I think the chances for a 3rd party to make a dent is going to be quite slim.
Oooh, please do give us a mini review! Your attention to detail and taste, for a lack of a better word (possibly the right one anyway), will give me just what I would love to read.A synched DB is what Apple is doing with Photos, so I agree, the right approach. I also don't like Picassa; I feel it's clunky. (though Apple has their fair share of chunkiness, like iTunes12 IMO. I won't elaborate on that; tl;n1wr)Yup, added the AI email address, won't change didley (spelling?)I...