or Connect

Posts by Rob55

To your first point, this is not always true. I've got a broken washer and refrigerator that are each less than 5 years old that would contradict your assertion. To your second point, I somewhat agree. All they seem to churn out nowadays is a bunch of commercialized crap in my opinion. And the labels seem so insistent on cramming it down our throats.  To your third point, I don't dispute that the 80s was the most profitable era for music, but having recently compiled...
 Sad but true.
 I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that all musicians are in the (music) business because they have a marketable talent, and they want to make a living off of it. In other words, they earn money making music. While I can sympathize with the guy making t-shirts for mere pennies, or the barista making minimum wage, it takes a bit more work and commitment to make music. If you remove the monetary incentive to making music because you want it cheaper, the quality and...
 I'm an on-and-off Spotify user, and as such, still only have the "free" account. I can tell you one thing for certain though, if I were to upgrade to their paid service, I won't be doing it via the app. To be honest, I can't even see how to do it via the iPhone app. If I try to change the quality, it offers a 7-day free trial, which I then clicked on, but then that failed. It seems to me that the logical place to upgrade from would be the Spotify website or their desktop...
 I've been singing this tune for years. What gets me is, the lossy version of a new album often costs more than the CD. Take the new Mumford & Sons for example. The CD version is $9.99 on Amazon, but the 256k lossy version is $14.99 in the iTunes store. Sure, the lossy version has 4 bonus live tracks, but are they worth an extra $5? Back on topic, I'd bet that all these "reports" of anti-competitive behavior are coming from those entities who feel most threatened by Apple...
 For search, yes, this is regrettably true. To put it another way, we really don't have a choice.
 Issues experienced with ApplePay partners should absolutely be reported to Apple (if you haven't done so already) using the link found on the ApplePay page on Apple.com. (or in my previous post).
 And if by some chance someone does have trouble at one of those establishments, Apple has a feedback link: https://www.apple.com/feedback/apple-pay.html And also has a merchant FAQ: http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT6561
A number of other posts have mentioned this already, but a lot of the "problems" people experience result from poor training on the part of the merchant. I recently made a purchase with ApplePay at Macy's, and while the transaction went smoothly, the experience was a little lacking.   When I got to the register, I handed my item to the clerk, and she began ringing it up. When she was ready to accept payment, she asked how I would be paying, to which I replied,...
 Maybe you're holding it wrong. ;)  I've used it at the Home Depot 3 times now, and haven't had a problem.