or Connect

Posts by Rob55

For the time being, I'm ok with Google Wallet seeing an uptick in users and actual use. However, having used ApplePay the other day at my local ShopRite, I can say that Google has nothing on Apple. The process of paying with ApplePay was as easy as described, and way easier than pulling out a credit card.   Now I wonder what will happen if/when MCX starts pressuring ShopRite to turn off their fancy new NFC equipped terminals.
I have a 100Mbps service, and was shocked to see I was only getting 15Mbps down following the upgrade to Yosemite on my rMBP. However, after trying a number of different servers, I quickly realized the problem was on their end, not mine. Switching to a number of different servers yielding the kind of results I was expecting.
 What I want to know is, how are there 17 5-star ratings for CurrentC in the App Store?
 Interesting. Not trying to contradict you as I imagine the more that are pissed off about this the better, but an Android-using co-worker seemed indifferent about it, stating (in reference to Google Wallet), "well, not that many people use it anyway". Though, I suspect, his deep seated dislike of Apple is probably clouding his judgement.
 Wait, I thought they've had NFC for years? ;) Seriously though, that is true. I can agree with SirLance99 that we're on the same side with respect to this topic.
 Those in question apparently too ignorant to realize it affects them too.
 Well, I guess maybe they should've dropped the 't', it would've been a bit better then. But, yes, I hate it.
Yeah, I remember that hair-brained scheme cooked up by Dick Sharp and a bunch of lawyers. It was a happy day when they pulled the plug on that stillborn mutated distant cousin of the DVD.
Too bad ShopRite was on that list of MCX members. It's my go-to supermarket, and I would love to be able to pay with ApplePay there. Now if there only was a Whole Foods or Wegmans near me, I'd be happy.
Quote: Hmm, I guess I'll just have to do the 8.1 update, and go try it for myself (fingers crossed).