or Connect

Posts by Rob55

I noticed this just this morning when I clicked the old Pages icon in the dock and found that it launched version 4.3. Then I launched Pages from the new icon in the applications folder and had both running side-by-side for comparison. Interesting.
Wow! My hats off to you if you read through all that. Good to know, though, as I have my sights set on a new 15" model.
 Hopefully, Apple's "human tastemakers" will do a better job than Pandora's algorithms (or whatever the hell they use). I stopped listening to Pandora specifically because their "music genome project" insisted, for example, that some band from the 60's went perfectly well with a band from the 80's because they both had keyboard driven melodies or some such thing.
I used to live 20 minutes from a Crazy Eddie location back in the 80s and their commercials used to run ad nauseum.
  I wonder if they're naive enough to think they can run on the popularity of their Galaxy phones?
  Not like we have a choice in the matter.
  First, I never actually stated that I hate Samesung (yes, I realize I am being petty by calling them that, but if the name fits...). Second, I would avoid them even if they were deep in litigation with Microsoft or some other corporate entity. Third, whether the rest of the world courts agree that Samesung didn't copy or steal is debatable. I have given Samesung the benefit of the doubt on numerous occasions, and they have demonstrated themselves as a company I would...
  I, on the other, find that certain preferential features are tied to specific manufacturers and as such, I prefer doing business with those companies. Samesung, in my opinion, has repeatedly shown itself to be an unscrupulous company and I find that I would rather not do any business with them. Yes, I obviously realize that many of their components are in the products I buy, and that cannot be helped, but when I can help it, I avoid them like the plague. I guess what...
  Actually, Sony and Samesung entered into a cross-licensing deal back in '04. http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/News/Press_Archive/200412/04-1214E/   It may have resulted from them seeing "the writing on the wall" and making the decision to avoid something like what Apple and Samesung are now mired in.
  It is beyond idiotic. It is greed, plain and simple.