or Connect

Posts by Rob55

I've been singing this tune for years. What gets me is, the lossy version of a new album often costs more than the CD. Take the new Mumford & Sons for example. The CD version is $9.99 on Amazon, but the 256k lossy version is $14.99 in the iTunes store. Sure, the lossy version has 4 bonus live tracks, but are they worth an extra $5? Back on topic, I'd bet that all these "reports" of anti-competitive behavior are coming from those entities who feel most threatened by Apple...
 For search, yes, this is regrettably true. To put it another way, we really don't have a choice.
 Issues experienced with ApplePay partners should absolutely be reported to Apple (if you haven't done so already) using the link found on the ApplePay page on Apple.com. (or in my previous post).
 And if by some chance someone does have trouble at one of those establishments, Apple has a feedback link: https://www.apple.com/feedback/apple-pay.html And also has a merchant FAQ: http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT6561
A number of other posts have mentioned this already, but a lot of the "problems" people experience result from poor training on the part of the merchant. I recently made a purchase with ApplePay at Macy's, and while the transaction went smoothly, the experience was a little lacking.   When I got to the register, I handed my item to the clerk, and she began ringing it up. When she was ready to accept payment, she asked how I would be paying, to which I replied,...
 Maybe you're holding it wrong. ;)  I've used it at the Home Depot 3 times now, and haven't had a problem.
 So, let's clarify something. Are you saying that B&H is like "one of those stores"?
 I've actually been meaning to contact them about this. While I rarely visit the store, being able to use ApplePay to make online purchases from them would be pretty nice.
 I've witnessed some of this myself. Just last week, I was talking to a colleague when I noticed that she had a new iPhone 6. I asked her when she bought it, and she said she got it a month or two after release. I then noticed that she kept using her pin to unlock her phone. I asked why she wasn't using TouchID, and I got the same aforementioned blank stare. And the funniest thing was, a couple of her fingerprints were already set up. She apparently set them up when she...
Ditto. One of my cards was at risk from the Home Depot breach, and BofA proactively replaced it.