or Connect

Posts by Rob55

Personally, I don't think I've ever been prompted to buy something or use a service that was advertised to me in an ad on a web page. I realize they're paying for AI, but sometimes I think I'd rather just pay a subscription fee for access to a website I really enjoy.
  What annoys the heck out of me is that ads keep popping up for things I'm no longer interested in because I've already bought them!
  Totally agree with you that it's not worth the $700 asking price and as for it only being compatible with those two Sony TVs, well yeah, of course. What else would you use it with?
  Well, if this is any indication...   http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921666556068#specifications   It comes preloaded with 10 movies with room for more (presumably). Wonder what the specs will be for the 4k streaming network.
  Just a clarification, I would hardly call Sony's XBR-55X900A a "cheap model". It happens to be their top-of-the-line 55" set. But yes, the $5k price is spot on.
  Did you catch Sound City? Great doc!
  Saved me $50 on getting a 3rd party app to control Logic Pro 9. Of course, that money will most likely be spent on Logic Pro X.
Nothing on Apple.com yet about it. Let's see some demo clips so we can get a better idea of what they did to the program.
Really? You're citing Gizmodo as a reliable source? They've had a massive chip on their shoulder ever since the iPhone 4 incident. They bash Apple at the drop of hat. Not saying it may not be happening with iOS too, but Gizmodo's not what I would call impartial and objective.
While it is obvious that the ad has a decidedly subdued almost pensive feel to it, the message I get is that they're saying they don't crank out all kinds of crap like Samesung, just to see what sticks. I guess that's too subdued for many. The people in the ad clearly seem to be enjoying their Apple products or what they get from them, but perhaps the slow-mo footage was a bit too much.