or Connect

Posts by Rob55

Thank you for putting it so succinctly!
  Not too bad once you get used to it. I do agree however, the Apple solution would be so much better.
Guess my next car won't be a BMW.  
  Just my opinion, but I can't disagree more. I didn't, for even a second, wonder if they were directed at Scott Forstall. As Anantksundaram pointed out, it felt like nothing more than a few funny jokes. Yes, Steve and Scott were the ones (AFAIK) responsible for the skeuomorphism implemented in the various designs, but I don't think (to put it bluntly) Steve cares anymore and Scott has other, bigger things to be upset about. That, and the fact that I don't think any of us...
  He only said "ass", it's not like he dropped the F-bomb or something . Personally, I think it was warranted because of all the trash-talking the press and tech blogs have been doing at Apple's expense. I think Craig did a great job and I dare say it felt (to me) like he was channeling Steve at times. As others have already mentioned, he seemed comfortable up there and exuded confidence in what he was doing and in the product he was demoing. Only thing I would have done...
    The last sentence is particularly so. The only thing missing is "resistance is futile."
    Bigdaddyp about sums it up.
Looks like Anandtech is claiming the Asus PQ321 4K display will go for $3,799. http://www.anandtech.com/show/7051/computex-2013-asus-pq321-3840-x-2160-display-3799 I think I have to go with PhilBoogie and agree that a 4K display from Apple will be at least $4K.  
  Wonder how much this one will be? http://www.techradar.com/us/news/computing/pc/new-asus-4k-computer-monitor-to-debut-in-june-1156105
  Loved it when Homer Simpson snuck into the U2 concert disguised as their potatoman. Back on topic, I think the higher res will hit the Thunderbolt display first IMO. The reason being that they haven't bothered to tweak the current TD with the fully laminated screen like the new iMacs have (yet). They might just jump right to 4K and do both of those steps at once.