or Connect

Posts by Rob55

Often times those four things don't necessarily agree with each other. There's no question it's a beautiful thing. I've tagged numerous songs with Shazam as well. Except with me, I auditioned the rest of the album at home that a given song was on and then decided whether or not to buy the album. If the rest of the album was lame, then I'd buy the individual song from the iTunes store (but this was only after they switched to 256k variable). Oddly enough, I've bought...
I agree, those are the strongest points for buying digital versions. Maybe in another year or two, the iTunes store will upgrade their quality again, perhaps to 320k variable. With ample cheap storage space available, it shouldn't be an issue to accommodate the additional space requirements.
True but unfortunate. We (Americans) as a society have gotten too lazy and too accustomed to settling for less. For me, having to wait an extra day or two to get my CD from Amazon is plenty convenient. I don't think there's ever been a situation where I had to have something "right this instant". There are plenty of others things I can do (or watch or listen to) while I'm waiting for my CD's to arrive.
I'd actually bet on the former. I definitely see growth year over year, but I don't see that growth being exponential. Personally, I'm glad to see CDs still garnering 65% of total music sales. My biggest issue is, why should I pay the same (or about the same) as a CD for a lower quality copy from the iTunes (or any other download) store?
Ditto. I can't complain about AT&T in any way. Maybe Verizon paid off CR.
I'm telling you, he looks like Peter Boyle from Young Frankenstein.
AT&T has definitely made gains in my area. When I originally bought the iPhone 3G a year ago this past July, there was no 3G here in north-western Jersey so I returned it and returned to Verizon. By this past February (when I bought the iPhone again), a little over 6 months later, I had full 3G inside my house and everywhere I go. Like I said in the other thread, I hope Verizon gets the iPhone 3rd quarter 2010 as is rumored. Then, a bunch of AT&T's iPhone customers will...
You know, I can't wait 'til the iPhone comes to Verizon. Then this tired debate can be put to bed. If you get better coverage with Verizon in your area, then you'll get your iPhone with them. If, like me, you get better (3G) coverage in your area from AT&T, then you'll stay with them. I drop no more calls with my iPhone than I did with my Crackberry on Verizon. Maybe after 30%-50% of AT&T iPhone subscribers switch back to Verizon, it'll tax the crap out of their network as...
Hey, you get what you pay for. T-Mobile in my area is just plain awful. My brother-in-law and sister were on T-Mobile before getting iPhones and it was virtually impossible to have a phone conversation with them because of coverage issues. I know many can say the same about AT&T, but we've got excellent coverage here in NJ.
And it's not for any lack of trying on my part. I even offered to do the upgrade for him but his response was, "meh".