or Connect

Posts by Rob55

Now I would be all over that. Question is, how much for a monthly/annual subscription to AI? $2.95/month or $29.95/annually? More, less?
If Apple did let the Pre sync with iTunes then they'd have to let everyone else as well. That would erode iPod and iPhone sales and create a support nightmare for Apple. Right or wrong, I think it's better for Apple to stand their ground.
Streaming from iTunes to a Logitech, Roku, PS3 whatever is not the same a synching. We're talking about iTunes itself copying songs directly to a device. Cheating meaning that Palm, instead of creating their own media-syncing program like Blackberry did (for example), instead choose to falsify the USB ID on their Pre so that it can directly sync with iTunes. Yeah, sounds like cheating to me.
Maybe Palm is like the kid who tries to cheat off of you during the final exam. They didn't study or do their homework and now they just wanna cheat off of you.
Not sure if this qualifies as "older" but I just synced my 160GB Classic iPod from a few years back. No problems.
You're not the only one, I don't cough up the extra buck either. Apple charges way too much for their HD content.
Totally in agreement with you here. Gotta be able to do 1080p and have the use of the USB port for storage expansion. My 160GB unit is almost maxed out as it is. I know I can stream stuff to it, but I like having the ability of being able to use it without any computers running.
Except that one can't watch a Blu-ray movie on an AppleTV. Last time I checked, both iMovie and Compressor insist on outputting 960x540 resolution to my AppleTV. I have had success playing 720/24p files, but the AppleTV will not play (only up-convert to) 1080/60p. It will also not support DolbyTrue HD or DTS-HD Master Audio. And by the way, where are you getting Blu-ray movies fro free (legally)?
This is a common misconception. Unless you are buying Blu-ray movies at your local Best Buy or Walmart, you shouldn't be paying $30 per title. I get all my Blu-ray movies from Amazon. I get free shipping and pay $20-$25 on average. I just got Ice Age 3 for $23.50 and that included a DVD and a digital copy in addition to the Blu-ray copy.
Though I have an AppleTV, I find myself streaming all my content to my PS-3 as it can handle more formats at higher resolutions than the AppleTV.