or Connect

Posts by Rob55

But those may be genuine concerns for other "paying" subscribers.
Aside from the 720p stuff from Apple and any content you make yourself, where are you getting HD content to play on it? (Ripped Blu-ray movies don't count).
Not saying I wouldn't buy a matte-screened option if one was available, I probably would. However, having a glossy-screened iMac for the last 2 years, I can honestly say it doesn't bother me at all. Not only that, but I have a 20" Cinema display right next to my iMac and I can't say one is more fatiguing to look at than the other. I do not discount, though, that many do have issues with the glossy-screens. Not sure what Apple is thinking by almost totally ignoring the...
I do. But let me be perfectly clear, I do not want a Blu-ray drive on my Mac to watch movies. I need one for HD content delivery. Considering Final Cut Studio is designed to do this on a semi-pro/pro level, I would have thought a BR burner for the Mac Pro at least would have been a no-brainer. And yes, I'm disappointed every time there's a refresh and there's still no Blu-ray burner. My luck, I'll buy a 3rd party burner and Apple will add the option next year.
Now I would be all over that. Question is, how much for a monthly/annual subscription to AI? $2.95/month or $29.95/annually? More, less?
If Apple did let the Pre sync with iTunes then they'd have to let everyone else as well. That would erode iPod and iPhone sales and create a support nightmare for Apple. Right or wrong, I think it's better for Apple to stand their ground.
Streaming from iTunes to a Logitech, Roku, PS3 whatever is not the same a synching. We're talking about iTunes itself copying songs directly to a device. Cheating meaning that Palm, instead of creating their own media-syncing program like Blackberry did (for example), instead choose to falsify the USB ID on their Pre so that it can directly sync with iTunes. Yeah, sounds like cheating to me.
Maybe Palm is like the kid who tries to cheat off of you during the final exam. They didn't study or do their homework and now they just wanna cheat off of you.
Not sure if this qualifies as "older" but I just synced my 160GB Classic iPod from a few years back. No problems.
You're not the only one, I don't cough up the extra buck either. Apple charges way too much for their HD content.