or Connect

Posts by Rob55

I completely agree. I, for one, don't need or want another monthly bill. I'd be perfectly content using the tablet via WiFi. Everywhere I'd need or want to use the tablet has WiFi. That's not to say it shouldn't have a 3G option however. I just think it should be optional. Unless, they can add it to my existing AT&T data contract for another $10-$15 month max. But even then, I'd be paying for something I don't really need.
We'll know soon enough.
When you've paid $500 for a 40GB iPod a few years back, $700 for the tablet doesn't seem like all that much. Pricing the thing at $999 would be a mistake however. Correct me if I'm wrong, but just look at the MacBook Air. It's overpriced, underpowered, and doesn't have an optical drive. As a result, it didn't enjoy the same success of the MacBooks and MacBook Pros.
Reminds me of when Stewie tried to teach Eliza Pinchley to speak proper english.
Sketchbook would too narrowly defined what the device is/does (or something it's not even rumored to do), but then your guess is a good as mine.
First of all, Mobile Me has nothing to do with synching iTunes content with your iPhone. So, being able to synch your iPhone via WiFi would have no effect on MobileMe whatsoever. Second, MobileMe already synchs contacts, email, calendars using push technology. Lastly, I don't think I've ever read anywhere that the "Me" in MobileMe meant "Millennium Edition".
Give me a friggin break! These guys just don't know when to quit. And to solicit donations from the public to help them mount a defense for this appeal, just plain ridiculous.
See replies below in bold.
I seriously doubt they would make the tablet exclusive to Verizon. That would be a big F/U to all the iPhone subscribers, essentially forcing them to have dual carriers if they want to have the tablet. Truth is, I'm not even convinced that the tablet will have 3G capability, probably just Wi-Fi. At 10", it may be "portable", but nowhere near as portable as the iPhone.
Or just plain slow. My 4-year-old 17" PowerBook G4 wasn't too happy when I upgraded it to Leopard. It was really happiest with Tiger. But then, I'm not all that upset about it. 4 years and counting is a pretty good run for a laptop. Still does iTunes, iPhoto, web and email just fine (just slower).