or Connect

Posts by Rob55

Well, at least we agree on one thing.
Yeah but they sure do make tasty Kool-aid.
Tomatoe, tomatta. Sure, make up your own rules as you go along. Do you also find it ok to rip DVD rentals from Netflix so you can watch the movies you've rented on your terms. Hey, you did pay the rental fee after all. It kinda reminds me of what Adam Savage from Mythbusters said, "I reject your reality and substitute my own".
I hate to say it, but entitlement is precisely what it sounds like. You feel that you should be allowed to use Apple's OS independent of buying an Apple computer simply because you've deemed it's EULA unethical and it's the OS you've chosen to use. No offense, but it's not really up to you to determine what's within Apple's rights as a business and what isn't. What is within your right as a consumer is to buy something else if you don't agree with what the corporation in...
That's awfully convenient. It's like saying, "I don't like their rules, so I'll ignore them and make up my own". You have the opinion that Apple's SL EULA violates your right as a consumer and to that your are entitled. But despite your protestations, Apple's EULA still stands as valid and legal (until and if it's proven otherwise) and you are still violating it (even with the $30 upgrade or $169 box).
Of course they are. People are buying them because they're cheap. For a lot of people, it'll do what they need of a computer which is email and web. Not saying you can't do more with them, but that is all many need (and maybe a music and photo app).
They'll have to do more than buy the $30 upgrade and then they'd still be breaking the EULA.
But those may be genuine concerns for other "paying" subscribers.
Aside from the 720p stuff from Apple and any content you make yourself, where are you getting HD content to play on it? (Ripped Blu-ray movies don't count).
Not saying I wouldn't buy a matte-screened option if one was available, I probably would. However, having a glossy-screened iMac for the last 2 years, I can honestly say it doesn't bother me at all. Not only that, but I have a 20" Cinema display right next to my iMac and I can't say one is more fatiguing to look at than the other. I do not discount, though, that many do have issues with the glossy-screens. Not sure what Apple is thinking by almost totally ignoring the...