or Connect

Posts by Rob55

This is a common misconception. Unless you are buying Blu-ray movies at your local Best Buy or Walmart, you shouldn't be paying $30 per title. I get all my Blu-ray movies from Amazon. I get free shipping and pay $20-$25 on average. I just got Ice Age 3 for $23.50 and that included a DVD and a digital copy in addition to the Blu-ray copy.
Though I have an AppleTV, I find myself streaming all my content to my PS-3 as it can handle more formats at higher resolutions than the AppleTV.
Is it me or does Ballmer look like Peter Boyle from Young Frankenstein? "I am the monster!"
For me, it was never about watch BR movies on the computer. It was and is about HD content delivery.There's nothing new about FCP working in higher resolutions. The support for BR in FCS that I'm referring to is the specific capability Apple just added for FC7 and C3.5 to burn directly to Blu-ray. As for 3rd party externals (or internals), that's obviously what I'm going to have to do. It just would have been nice to have an Apple option.
Yet they decided to include the capability to write to BR in FC7 and C3.5. Apparently not too complex that I can't solve it with a $349 external BR burner from OWC.
I could use that as a convection oven too.
Cool, between my AppleTV and my PS-3, I should be nice and cozy this winter.
At least you have a lower likelihood of being trampled. Don't want to end up on one of those "when shoppers go wild" videos.
I always thought it was "Black Friday", the day after Thanksgiving. People have been known to get trampled to death at the Black Friday sales.
I think there is a certain expectation among PC users of having desktop computers of all shapes and sizes available to them. This is to say that since they've always had a (PC) desktop, they assume they wan't or need one if they switch to Apple. This was certainly the case with me when I switched over from the PC. Though I did tinker occasionally, upgrading sound and video cards etc..., I found that I really didn't need to anymore and was perfectly happy with the Mac I...