or Connect

Posts by Rob55

I was in the CE business up until about 9 months ago (my boss had a run in with a 12 passenger plane and though he survived, could no longer run the company) and I can tell you that the average customer doesn't know where to stick an SD card. And we typically dealt with high-end clientele. Though that may have been Toshiba's plan, many TVs that have SD slots could only use them for displaying pics. BTW, you most likely would need a class 4 minimum SD card to do high...
Maybe I'll bring out the suction cups tomorrow and see if it looks any better without the glossy screen. I know what you're saying about the speculative and diffuse glare, but I can't say I ever really noticed it (or maybe it just hasn't bothered me yet). You know what they say, ignorance is bliss.
Blu-ray is already supported by Final Cut Studio. Both Final Cut 7 and Compressor 3.5 can burn directly to a Blu-ray disc. Unfortunately, thanks to SJ and the chip on his shoulder, we have to use a 3rd-party drive. So, in a matter of speaking, it is on the Mac platform. SD cards are fine and all, but they're not quite ready to replace optical media. I do see it happening at some point, but if I didn't have an SD card slot in my PS3, they'd be useless as a tool to deliver...
The glossy screen was never a problem for me. There appears to be no degradation of the image (except for the potential for reflections and that's not a problem for me **no, I don't use it in a cave**). If anything, I have more of an issue with my iMac's screen being too bright. I typically have it set to the 3-4 lowest settings. Interestingly, I have a 20" cinema display hooked up as a 2nd monitor right next to my iMac and there are things that look better on the iMac's...
I'm not sure if I'm missing something or if I read something out of context, but if you were referring to the screen of the iMac beneath the glossy outer cover, it is in fact matte. I just upgraded the HDD in my late '07 24" iMac and once you remove the glossy outer screen, the surface of the monitor itself is matte. If that's not what you were saying was glossy, then disregard my post. Also, I can't vouch for what the current or new models are using, but the aluminum...
Try this Wacom product. It's not huge and you don't need a pen to use it. http://www.wacom.com/bamboo/bamboo_touch.phpNot sure how well it works, but Amazon has it for $59 I think. Might be worth a try. Personally, I wish Apple would just make a desktop version of the unibody MBP track pad in a nice aluminum housing. Give it a short USB cable to connect to a wired keyboard or make it bluetooth. Either way, that would be cool. Next closest thing right now is the Bamboo. Not...
Interesting, but I still would have liked a BTO BR option.
It still doesn't change the fact that you have all this potential on the new 27" iMac and nothing to watch on it except iTunes HD, DVDs and 1080p trailers from the Quicktime trailer site. Kind of a waste. Or, if you happen to be editing 1080 on your new iMac, your HD delivery options are limited by the internal superdrive.
Check 'em out here: http://www.wacom.com/intuos/
Prepare to be shocked, because it doesn't appear to be any different than the current iMac. You gotta completely disassemble the thing to get to the HDD.