or Connect

Posts by macslut

We found this to be true with our front door.  We have a Kevo installed.  However, it still works great.  You do have to pull when locking, but it's an easy operation to do with one hand... just touch the lock and pull the handle.  You could connect the two so that all you have to do is pull the handle for it to lock. Unlocking doesn't require a pull.  It unlocks and the door pops open a bit, so there's no issue there. The cause of the need to pull is that there's a seal...
 It was a joke, but if you seriously think Apple has done anything meaningful compared to its competition in the past year, then you've really got your head in the sand.  Apple has fallen way behind here. Whooo-Hooo!!!! It got its very own button on the Apple Store.  As someone who already owns a half-dozen Apple TVs, that really makes me feel a lot better about them.  Ya, that's almost like Amazon's Fire TV with the app store, free games, free movies and tv shows for...
 Their position has officially changed to "neglected hobby", soon to be a "forgotten hobby". 
 Yes, hardly a "west coast" thing.  It's the second largest retailer in the US, only behind Wal-Mart.  Not to mention it's presence in Mexico, Canada, Australia, Spain, Japan, Korea, UK, Tawain... making it the 7th largest world-wide retailer. I also disagree with sessamoid on this being a "wash".  When Costco sales Apple products, they pallet sell large volumes at discount prices that are placed strategically front and center of traffic flow.  They attract a different...
Somewhere in Korea a Samsung executive is patent searching "slightly rectangular".
 I was going to say pretty much the same thing, only projective versus reflective.  Since skin isn't projecting light, you'd go with reflective in which case, white would be the absence of color, while black would be a combination of all colors.
 I thought it was a decent review and your questions were  answered for anyone willing to read information linked to from the review.  That's not a question.  If you're asking whether or not this printer supports barcodes, it does, as well as QR codes.  No, and  AirPrint (built-in printing in iOS) is WiFi based, this printer is Bluetooth based.  Apple has nothing to do with this.  AirPrint is not only WiFi based, where this device chose to utilize Bluetooth, but AirPrint...
 That's not really the same thing though.  For example, AT&T's MicroCell kind of sucks.  The range is limited and it won't hand off from MicroCell to MicroCell.  The result is that in our house, you can't move from one area to another without the call dropping.  Plus you have to buy the MicroCells and have them positioned near a window for a GPS signal.  It works, but it's not nearly the same as being able to simply roam around the house and be on a call anywhere with...
 It's really not about paying extra to not have ads as much as it is to pay less to have ads with the product.  $250 is a lot for a thermostat.  I have 8 of them and love them, but really the device itself doesn't lend itself to even having ads in its current form; however I could see future versions providing marketing opportunities that could drive the retail price down to a much lower level.  They didn't partner with Google, they sold the company to Google, for $3.2...
 You missed his point entirely.  The issue is with one retail model versus another.  Subscription versus purchase.  Microsoft, like Adobe before it, would like to go exclusively to a subscription model.  We can accept that, but if we do, then we run into problems down the road with being able to access old files.  This isn't an issue now because there are non-subscription apps that read these files.  But when new file formats come out that are subscription only, then we...