or Connect

Posts by macslut

I know writing is hard, but maybe next time you'll try writing in a coherent manner?  Insults and back-peddling aside, I still disagree.  Apple is a company that develops disruptive products in new categories that live through various growth cycles.  While we're seeing a decay in the iPod, a maturing in the iPhone, and continued growth of the iPad, Apple is well poised to introduce additional disruptive products while Microsoft has had significant difficulty getting...
 Where the hell does this come from?  Apple had more than twice the revenue for the same period as MSFT and about twice the profit.  It's got a $200 Billion higher market cap valuation than MSFT.  Apple has more than twice as much cash as MSFT. In what world do you have a perspective that APPL is "now virtually the same as MSFT"? Apple has over twice the market cap as IBM.  Apple reported more than twice the revenue and more than twice the profits as IBM during the same...
I've seen a few instances of iBeacons in use or in trials.  The best use case I've seen is for micro-location information.  Imagine a museum where you get a tour as you walk into each room, including specific text/media for individual pieces.    At CES, they had a geocaching like game where you went to specific places to collect points which then entered you into a contest.   At an Apple store an iBeacon was set up so that when you walked towards the Genius bar, the...
 I highly doubt it will work with the next iPhone.  It's possible, but Apple has been doing body changes on the iPhone every other model.  Since the 5 and 5S share a body, the 6 will likely be different.
 Actually, just the opposite.  It's not a criminal law that applies (or "true crime") from illegal activity, but rather patent law that applies here.  The connector isn't rocket science; it's extremely easy to replicate and there are plenty of manufacturers with the ability to do so.  However, in cloning the connector, they're violating a patent that Apple owns on the connector.  Apple could have licensed the connector to Hypermac or offered batteries themselves, but...
Not to nitpick, but the title says "market share", but the data is representing "usage share".  There's a huge difference between the two terms.
 I don't understand why the Chromebook Pixel even exists.  This may sound like an Android/PC price/spec fanboy, but in this case the comparison is so extreme... for $200 more than a MacBook Air 13", you're getting 32GB of storage (versus 128GB for the MBA), half the battery life, an older i5 and lesser graphics all in a package that can't run any common software.  I just don't understand why one wouldn't just save that $200 and buy a MBA which allows so much more usage. I...
 I can understand this.  I bought the 5S, like every other new iPhone on launch day.  However, after using it for a while, I felt like I preferred my jailbroken iPhone 5 better.  I didn't end up switching back fully, but can understand the desire to.  I ended up using my jailbroken iPhone 5 quite a bit (just not as a phone) as there are many things I can do with it that I couldn't with a non-jailbroken iPhone 5S.  There still are as many of the tweaks and apps aren't...
 Many stores do have these.  The new Palo Alto store on University has really, really ugly barricades that are totally obnoxious (they're the big white and orange highway divider type).  They need to design attractive barriers that provide some sort of additional function.
 There is a bit of a difference here.  Saurik doesn't include piracy repos in Cydia.  He's as anti-piracy as he can be while still offering a system that allows others to post developer repositories.  Taig is slimy.  Saurik warned the team about them, but they bundled them anyway. I agree, that what the team did wasn't unethical, but it was a bit unwise.  They did have a contract which specified that pirated apps wouldn't be allowed on the bundled Taig app, but they...