or Connect

Posts by macslut

Actually, just the opposite.  It's not a criminal law that applies (or "true crime") from illegal activity, but rather patent law that applies here.  The connector isn't rocket science; it's extremely easy to replicate and there are plenty of manufacturers with the ability to do so.  However, in cloning the connector, they're violating a patent that Apple owns on the connector.  Apple could have licensed the connector to Hypermac or offered batteries themselves, but...
Not to nitpick, but the title says "market share", but the data is representing "usage share".  There's a huge difference between the two terms.
 I don't understand why the Chromebook Pixel even exists.  This may sound like an Android/PC price/spec fanboy, but in this case the comparison is so extreme... for $200 more than a MacBook Air 13", you're getting 32GB of storage (versus 128GB for the MBA), half the battery life, an older i5 and lesser graphics all in a package that can't run any common software.  I just don't understand why one wouldn't just save that $200 and buy a MBA which allows so much more usage. I...
 I can understand this.  I bought the 5S, like every other new iPhone on launch day.  However, after using it for a while, I felt like I preferred my jailbroken iPhone 5 better.  I didn't end up switching back fully, but can understand the desire to.  I ended up using my jailbroken iPhone 5 quite a bit (just not as a phone) as there are many things I can do with it that I couldn't with a non-jailbroken iPhone 5S.  There still are as many of the tweaks and apps aren't...
 Many stores do have these.  The new Palo Alto store on University has really, really ugly barricades that are totally obnoxious (they're the big white and orange highway divider type).  They need to design attractive barriers that provide some sort of additional function.
 There is a bit of a difference here.  Saurik doesn't include piracy repos in Cydia.  He's as anti-piracy as he can be while still offering a system that allows others to post developer repositories.  Taig is slimy.  Saurik warned the team about them, but they bundled them anyway. I agree, that what the team did wasn't unethical, but it was a bit unwise.  They did have a contract which specified that pirated apps wouldn't be allowed on the bundled Taig app, but they...
 You must have done that with my sister.  She loved the Nest so much in the Carmel house, that she got them in her house up here, and then bought me one for my house.  I'm now in the process of replacing all of our thermostats with Nests, and getting Nest Protect units as well.
 I can type really fast on the iPad mini in portrait mode.  I wouldn't bother using a keyboard with it.  I'm much slower on the full sized keyboard and would probably consider using a keyboard if I was going to be doing a lot of typing with it.  So far, I have never felt the desire to. On a side note, I'm really looking forward to the iPad mini with Retina.  I loved the old mini, and I'm really glad Apple didn't make the new mini a lesser iPad than the Air.
For me, this is great news along with the new iPads being multi-carrier.  I don't use cell data much on my iPads except for when I travel.  200MB is a good amount for email and casual web browsing.  It's enough to get you by in between WiFi hotspots.  This could work out quite well for them as I may try T-Mobile for free and keep it if it works well.   The free international roaming is also a killer deal... if it works well.
I got the Hero3 Black despite some of the poor reviews.  I figured that the battery life should be low (not 10 minutes), but I wasn't expecting much.  My solution to this kind of problem has always been to load up on a bunch of cheap 3rd party batteries.  Anyway, I wasn't disappointed, I'm getting much longer battery life than what people were complaining about. I'm wondering if later units or firmware upgrades improved things?   Regardless, I've been really happy with...