or Connect

Posts by macslut

30% with active service seems like a high number. 30% in use during the survey seems like a low number, depending upon how long the survey is. The active service number seems high because you could have sold your original iPhone for more than what a new one costs with subsidy.
Yeah, remember when Gizmodo went around the show floor at CES with a remote that turned off all the monitors? That was some Pulizter Prize winning journalism right there!!! Seriously though, yes bloggers are journalists when that's what they're engaged in actually doing. So if Gizmodo had legally obtained information, the police shouldn't have been able to search and seize in order to discover the source. However, in this case, the police were searching for evidence in...
It could have been a semi-targeted theft. iPhones are very popular here, sometimes almost freakishly so in some bars and restaurants. Someone may have seen the engineer using the phone and seen the screen (the new OS was on it), perhaps talked with him or overheard him say he was an engineer with Apple and then that person saw an opportunity to swipe the phone (from his jacket, pocket, etc...). Searching online for where to sell it wouldn't be that hard if the thief...
I can't speak for everyone in the court of public opinion, but here's why I think Gizmodo is guilty of douchebaggery and AI is not, as well as other sites and methods... First, there are all kinds of ways that AI and other sites get information...a lot is speculation, sometimes it's slip ups, piecing together public info like job postings or part orders, reviewing log files, finding EXIF or other metadata, or just general chatter. That's all well and good. It's also...
You might want to review your notes from criminal law regarding intent. Clearly Gizmodo intended to pay $5K for an iPhone that they knew did not belong to the seller. They didn't accidentally offer the seller $5K. Likewise the "finder" clearly intended to sell the phone as opposed to send it to Apple, or turn it into the police, or contact the engineer (the finder saw the engineer's Facebook profile on the phone), or take it to an Apple Store. Clearly the "finder"...
At least we've all been civil to ourselves. I'm enjoying this debate. I disagree with you on many points, but respect your point of view. The key point of where I'm disagreeing with you is that this isn't a "Is OJ guilty of murder" or "Did Tiger's wife cause the accident" or anything like that where people are bringing into the argument nothing but speculation based on their biases. If I were a juror and the defense quoted everything Gizmodo posted, the prosecution could...
That's covered in the Hit Whoring Idiotic Douchebag Felons™ What's really stupid here is that Gizmodo and the "finder" could have avoided violating sections 485 and 496 of the California Penal Code by following the processes in California Civil Code 2080 and along the way covering it as a story. In other words Gizmodo could've paid the finder $5K for exclusive rights to the story...shot video, taken pictures and all of that and then posted it on their site as "Hey, is...
The "finder" of the phone is claimed by Gizmodo as posted on their site, to have looked through the phone that night before it was wiped. That is how he supposedly saw his Facebook profile. It's also where the confusing 80GB came from.
What‽‽‽‽‽‽ Care to cite that?
It's not just being fired. I could understand that. It's being unemployed in the career you prepared for during the rest of your life because the Hit Whoring Idiotic Douchebag Felons™ outed you and there would be no way someone in this industry would hire you after doing the Google check for just a few seconds and seeing this. Also, we don't know all the details around the loss of the phone or his possession of it. There may be circumstances that make it more...