or Connect

Posts by macslut

I don't know about anyone else, buy if my kids see a Toy Story 3 ad, they're going to click on it. Yes, a lot of ads won't be clicked on. That's why it's only $17 ppm. It's easy to say, I never click on ads, I skip through commercials, I change the station when ads come on, I never open junk mail, etc... But...enough people do that it makes it worth while.
You beat me to it. I posted this on Digg yesterday. If they allowed apps to print to PDFs and then it put them in a folder, the PDFs could be printed by a printer app, emailed, texted, edited by other apps or even synced via iTunes...there could even be fax apps. FedEx/Kinkos and others could have apps allowing you to print at their stores, etc... There are a lot of possibilities, and it's all pretty simple on Apple's end.
I'm certainly not 1 or 2. I would point out that if you look at the iPhone OS 1.0 and what has been added to the iPhone OS since then, a lot of it has been available *first* to people who've jailbroken their iPhones. Your last sentence is a generalization. Not all jailbreakers, or people who would identify with group 3 feel that way. Here's the thing with SBSettings and why I don't believe it fits in with your definition of #3: SBSettings provides an option for a...
Apple has a higher market share than Microsoft in several areas, the biggest of which would be MP3 players and phones. However, there are software areas where Apple leads despite have a lower market share for the platform (Final Cut). However there's a difference between knowing what the average consumer wants and having market share as a goal. A great example that people seem to forget is that it was Apple with a GUI OS versus Microsoft with a command-line OS, where...
Me too. Actually, I hope Apple is looking very closely at the jailbreaking community and adopting many more of their good ideas in addition to SBSettings, I'd like to see: Categories (folders for apps) iTunes WiFi sharing And so many other things I often forget I hacked until I get a new unjailbroken iPhone and realize I miss all the features of my old one until the new jailbreak is available.
I will be very loud in my complaining if battery life is short because of multitasking. I will get up on my roof and scream, "why is battery life short in 4.0 because of multitasking when 3.x jailbroken iPhones with multitasking don't experience battery issues?" My guess is that Apple will be able to do an even better job than the jailbreakers when it comes to efficient multitasking.
Unless you jailbreak and enable multitasking like we do today and it works just fine. What your suggesting is pretty much already in the iPhone OS. There's nothing stopping a developer from having the state saved and on relaunch resuming where the app was left off. This would be more efficient than paging the entire app so it can resume in process. BUT this doesn't resolve one of the biggest desires for 3rd party multitasking, and that is to actually have apps running...
"On the iPhone, scaling down several screen views to fit into the relatively small display would be problematic, and apps never have multiple windows" Apps can have multiple windows. See Safari. But yes, it really should be an app switcher and not provide navigation into individual windows. Personally, I love the way multitasking works with jailbroken iPhones and SBSettings. First, I love SBSettings to begin with and really hope Apple implements something like...
The iMac came out in 1998 without a floppy drive and without a writable CD drive. It wasn't until 2001 that they shipped with writable optical drives. Worse, it didn't initially include FireWire, and USB was only 1.1. This meant that while there were a few external USB 1.1 CD drives available, they were painfully slow and very unreliable. You could buy an external USB 1.1 floppy drive, and it worked quite well...as far as floppy drives went. For the most part, people...
Can someone please explain how Verizon still insists upon controlling the customer experience? I know they used to be painfully awful in this regard, but am I missing something with what they're doing in regards to controlling the customer experience with say the Droid?