or Connect

Posts by macslut

One of 4 acceptable courses of actions: 1) Yes, take it to the police station. They do this. 2) Turn it into the management of establishment. 3) Leave it where it is. 4) Determine who it belongs to and return it. If unable to do either, do one of the above. What you should absolutely *not* do: 1) Sell it 2) Buy it 3) Use it, play with it, damage it, etc... 4) Do anything that prevents its return to the ownerOk, let's go with the thought that it's not from Apple and its a...
The problem is that Gizmodo knowingly paid for something that was considered stolen. It doesn't matter what Gizmodo intended to do with the property. As I mentioned before there is precedence for people being found guilty when they claimed they intended to turn in the purchase merchandise for a reward. It also doesn't matter if it was legit or not. If I find something and sell it to you, and tell you that it's something I just found...boom, you're guilty of receiving...
I quoted California Penal Code Section 485. However do some research in California common law and you'll discover some interesting case precedents (see below). Before the phone was disabled, they found out the guy's name and were able to look him up on Facebook. Even without doing so, they should have turned it over to the bar owner or to the local police station. What they should NOT have done is sold the phone. What Gizmodo should NOT have done is purchase the phone. ...
California Penal Code Section 485 One who finds lost property under circumstances which give him knowledge of or means of inquiry as to the true owner, and who appropriates such property to his own use, or to the use of another person not entitled thereto, without first making reasonable and just efforts to find the owner and to restore the property to him, is guilty of theft. IANAL, but I believe over $400 is a felony and as such this would qualify, same goes with...
I'm going to go with Shantanu Narayen. He's from India and used to work at Apple. Do it as part of the overall Adobe merger.
Count me as someone who has been waiting a long time for these. I wouldn't have expected anyone to be offering discounts, so this *is* news to me. Also, if it were an ad, I wouldn't mind at all. AppleInsider has given me tons of information, and they deserve to get paid.
I don't know about anyone else, buy if my kids see a Toy Story 3 ad, they're going to click on it. Yes, a lot of ads won't be clicked on. That's why it's only $17 ppm. It's easy to say, I never click on ads, I skip through commercials, I change the station when ads come on, I never open junk mail, etc... But...enough people do that it makes it worth while.
You beat me to it. I posted this on Digg yesterday. If they allowed apps to print to PDFs and then it put them in a folder, the PDFs could be printed by a printer app, emailed, texted, edited by other apps or even synced via iTunes...there could even be fax apps. FedEx/Kinkos and others could have apps allowing you to print at their stores, etc... There are a lot of possibilities, and it's all pretty simple on Apple's end.
I'm certainly not 1 or 2. I would point out that if you look at the iPhone OS 1.0 and what has been added to the iPhone OS since then, a lot of it has been available *first* to people who've jailbroken their iPhones. Your last sentence is a generalization. Not all jailbreakers, or people who would identify with group 3 feel that way. Here's the thing with SBSettings and why I don't believe it fits in with your definition of #3: SBSettings provides an option for a...
Apple has a higher market share than Microsoft in several areas, the biggest of which would be MP3 players and phones. However, there are software areas where Apple leads despite have a lower market share for the platform (Final Cut). However there's a difference between knowing what the average consumer wants and having market share as a goal. A great example that people seem to forget is that it was Apple with a GUI OS versus Microsoft with a command-line OS, where...