or Connect

Posts by macslut

It's simple really. I have a MacBook Pro from 2006. It's long since overdue to be replaced. I say this because the cost in lost productivity is greater than the cost of a new, more powerful, MacBook Pro. Now I could buy a Core 2 Duo MacBook Pro today, or wait for a Core 2010 series processor. Apple, if history is any indication, will most likely keep the pricing line-up about the same (maybe a little cheaper). A Core 2010 series is going to run faster *and* more...
I don't know if sales are "stalling" overall, but count me as someone who's growing increasingly impatient waiting for a Core 2010 MacBook Pro. That being said, I'm sure they'll be well worth the wait.
Best post yet on the subject!!! You're right, it doesn't include a growing number of 1st party apps. One in particular is the Apple Remote app. I use this all the time at my house and it used to drive me nuts (before I jailbroke) that I had to relaunch, reconnect, reload the app just to do anything if I had been in another app."You have yet to describe a viable scenario for how this could or should be accomplished." True, but that hasn't been the focus of the debate. ...
Not any longer. I think we have a new winner! Seriously dude, spend a few seconds clicking here:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_multitasking You'll learn something today! You might also want to see:http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/contexthttp://dictionary.reference.com/browse/multitasking You'll at least learn how to spell multitasking. We're over here talking about multitasking in the context of being able to run more than one app on the iPhone at the same...
That's got to be the stupidest post I've ever seen here. If you don't know what multitasking is, see:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_multitasking I'd be interested in hearing what your definition is.
@jragosta, Part of your problem here is that you're being incredibly narrow minding. You're only thinking about what you use the iPhone for and how you'd use the iPad. You asked "what multitasking would you need" not "why would I want multitasking'. Nobody here has argued that you would need, want or benefit from multitasking in any way. However, we have explained why we want multitasking in the OS, and even what we currently use it for. It's significant enough...
@jragosta;1571906, "You are incorrect - as usual in your incessant Apple-bashing." What the hell??? Did you even bother to look at my nickname? I rarely bash Apple, but I will point out where they could use some improvements especially when I've implemented a work around (jailbreak in this case) and vastly prefer the experience. "If your choice of games doesn't allow you to pause and resume, that's bad programming, not any limitation in the device." That's...
As someone who has jailbroken my iPhone in part so that I could enable multitasking, let me answer this. You've narrowly defined scenarios which can be done without multitasking. Try changing them:"You can have push notifications tell you if you've received a text message while you're playing a game." But you can't pause the game and respond to the text. Nor can you be one the phone while playing a game."You can listen to music while you read a book." Unless that music...
What's interesting is that if Apple does get to $280, it will have a market cap that's $9 billion more than Microsoft is today. Here are some comparison P/Es and Apple's isn't so bad: Apple: 19:58 Microsoft: 15.43 Amazon: 58.64 Adobe: 43.47 Dell: 18.72 Google: 26.21 HP: 15.46 IBM: 12.39 Intel: 26.64 SanDisk: 15.06 Comcast: 12.18 AT&T: 11.86 Verizon: 22.54 Exxon: 16.34 Boeing: 32.48 Wal-Mart: 15.32 UPS: 26.17 Starbucks: 30.01 Another way of looking at Apple's 19.58 P/E is...
This is total BS, and a great example of the problem with software patents. I remember Emblaze. I worked with them quite a bit in the mid-late 90s. Their technology at the time was "neat" in a way, but severely lacking for mass usage. They had several products related to audio, video and animation that were easy to use before Flash became dominate and enabled some of this. There was a benefit to firewall-proof HTTP streaming, but not that it did a lot of good at...